Boat Loan

Good afternoon! I am a member of a Credit Union. I'm not sure where you are located. I have taken money out on my 2nd mortage for boats. I have also taken loans out just for my boat @ 10%. I bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado. I'm paying 2.22% for 6 years. Steve......

Home equity is where it is at. You can deduct that from your taxes where other loans you cannot. I know a lot of people that buy cars on home equity if the interest rates are good enough because of the tax deduction.

Home equity is where it is at. You can deduct that from your taxes where other loans you cannot. I know a lot of people that buy cars on home equity if the interest rates are good enough because of the tax deduction.

Not quite accurate....You can deduct the interest on a boat loan if it has a stove, a toilet and a place to sleep. In otherwards, it's treated like a vacation home.

Not quite accurate....You can deduct the interest on a boat loan if it has a stove, a toilet and a place to sleep. In otherwards, it's treated like a vacation home.

That's not quite accurate either. The galley needs to be permanent, not the one burner alcohol stove thing.

That's not quite accurate either. The galley needs to be permanent, not the one burner alcohol stove thing.

Kind of picking at straws....Okay then permanent!

Edited by MikeyP

I took a Home Improvement loan out years ago when i divorced my 1st wife, as I had to pay her attorney fees. The Credit Union asked me what Home Improvements I would be making? I told them that I booted the Bride for cheating on me numerous times, and that's why I needed the money. I had a check that afternoon! True story! Steve..........