Lost the Man That Introduced Me To The Big Lake

Got some sad news this morning. Capt. Ray Donetti from Any Second out of Catfish Creek passed away last night after battling cancer. If you have fished Mexico Bay, well then you know Ray. He took it upon himself to teach me (and many others) how to fish the lake and I made the mistake of allowing him to take me on a Salmon trip. After landing my first King, I was hooked. 20 years later I am still addicted and I owe that to Ray. He would help anyone especially when it came to fishing and was a great man. I can truly say he will sorely be missed and there will not be a trip where I go out of the cut at Catfish and onto the big lake that I won't think about Ray. Rest in Peace Donut.

it is so sad to lose people to this terrible disease. i lost a friend in august to cancer, my grandpa passed this past christmas day to cancer and my uncle is currently battling it. i did not know ray but his family has my condolences

That's x2 for me also both my parents and my brother and my mother-in- law all with in a 3 year period, it's truely a sad situation, there isn't a time ever that I'm thinking about my family. I feel your pain and send my condolences to the family it a very tough time for anyone, that's a part of being a human, with feelings. God bless you and he's family. 🙠👼 🎣

So many good people come into our lives that are struck down with that horrible disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ray's Family. I heard about him through out the years up there but, never had the pleasure of meeting him. Steve..."a survivor"