Leadcore set up question

Experiment with that in the depth you want right behind the boat, if it ticks bottom in 17' then you know the depth it runs, speed will make a difference. I'd bet with the rats you would have a few feet of diving depth but speed will make a difference.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use a segmented lead core on my boat and I use at least 60-100 feet of mono between the segments of LC. Doing this allows there to be no lead between the reel and the inline board, otherwise the board won't run properly. I've caught many fish on this setup.

I use a segmented lead core on my boat and I use at least 60-100 feet of mono between the segments of LC. Doing this allows there to be no lead between the reel and the inline board, otherwise the board won't run properly. I've caught many fish on this setup.

But then when you put the 2nd segment of leadcore in the water, you have 100 ft of mono in between the 2 lengths of core. This creates a lot of drag and lifts the core out of the water. So the overall depth won't be close to what you would have if you didn't have that 100 ft mono segment in between.

Egoody, yes add dive depth of lure to depth of weighted line, we run smart trolls and never get 5' of depth per color ,speed dictates depth dramatically ,especially. Lead core,,,not a much with copper..we don't run segemented cores because we believe it takes away the action of the lead core...we just carry a bunch of reels and swap out to hot lengths...like someone posted....no short cuts in this game

Good luck this season Pap! :)

Thanks Les, you also!! I just got back today from opening up our camp. She's ready to roll. I met Starcraft Loaded in our camp he was checking water temp. This morning it was 38* off the docks, I can't believe how cold the water is yet, and how much rain the North Country has had. We were discussing the eye season, either it's going to be a long season which would be nice, or a southwest blow for a week and a half to bring things up to par. One thing for sure there ain't nothing we can do about it!! Ma ma nature will play her hand and we'll just have to deal with it. Best of luck Les, may the fish gods reward you LOL. Pap

Thanks Pap I'm looking forward to it now I received my new 9.8 Tohatsu by FedEx this afternoon and I have it all installed and raring to go :lol:

Thanks Pap I'm looking forward to it now I received my new 9.8 Tohatsu by FedEx this afternoon and I have it all installed and raring to go :lol:

Let me know how your new motor works!! 4 stroke or 2, I was leaning in that direction mainly cost, did you get the power trim, I don't know if my swim plateform will hold a 4 stroke? But then again I climb out on it I'm 200#+ so I guess that's an dumb a$$ thought. How about the separate controls? Throttle & trim. Thanks pap, best of luck with it!!!

Thanks JayJay...

That's what I thought, but wanted to ask the experts who have the opportunity to fish Lake O more than once or twice a season for Brows in the shallows.

Boat Safe

Egoody