Anyone tried Brad's Superbaits on Lake Ontario?

Ha anyone tried these Brad's Superbaits on Lake Ontario?  I have been watching plenty of footage of them with the Columbia river guys.  They look like they should work on the Great Lakes, too.  I have ordered a bunch of the cut plug style off of Ebay, and will report how I do with them next summer on Lake Michigan, and the Missouri river.  Just another weapon in the arsenal.  Figured they would be a good replacement when a guy can't find any herring. :)  :hi:   

A few years ago I picked up a couple of Brads on a trip to West Coast. I ran them a few times with garlic flavored tuna in the cavity. If I remember correctly I caught a couple fish with them but got kind of messy with the tuna. I wasn't impressed with the piece of foam for herring oil that comes with them. To me I had other options that worked better with less mess so I haven't used them recently. That style bait is pretty common out west.

Been running them for couple years now with cut bait good results out of package with a 10" spinny matching bait plug or 11" doger. Usually run it on chute rod on bottom twice the distance back as side riggers

Cool, I plan on stuffing them full of scented up tuna fish, as well, and see if they work on Lake Michigan next summer.  My test run will probably be on Lake Oahe this spring.  Didn't expect to see many guys using them, so this is good news for me!!  Thanks. :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

2015 was not a great year for Brads for me, but I run them quite a bit. Some days are better than others. Brads has accounted for some of our biggest fish on some days and our latest fish of the morning on others. Summer Kings seem like the best target. I run chunk tuna in oil, but may need to try anchovies. Change the hooks! Stock hooks suck...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...