Anyone use Moore's Marine?

DJ 17

I need to get a 3 yr tune up on my E-tec and Forest Fisheries doesn't work on Evinrude's anymore.  My 2 closest options are Moore's in Ithaca or Coopers in Baldwinsville.  Moore's is a little closer but I have never been there before, just looking for some input from anyone who has experience with them. Good or bad.

Thanks,

DJ

For what it's worth - I'm not a fan.  If you need service work I would seek another dealer. 

If it's non - service work Don Cooke or Merriman on Hanshaw Rd. would be a better choice in the Ithaca area. 

With that being said, if I have major work needed I drive to Port Bay Ontario and see Hank - He's the man! As do 1/2 the people on this board.

Good Luck

All I need done is to have them hook up the computer to the motor for the diagnostics and repair as necessary, but I have heard grumblings that they aren't that great down there.  Just want as much info as possible. 

I need to get a 3 yr tune up on my E-tec and Forest Fisheries doesn't work on Evinrude's anymore.  My 2 closest options are Moore's in Ithaca or Coopers in Baldwinsville.  Moore's is a little closer but I have never been there before, just looking for some input from anyone who has experience with them. Good or bad.

Thanks,

DJ

Just asking but when did Forest Fisheries stop working on Evenrudes? Just bought a boat from there 2 years ago and will interested in this thread as I will need to find a new place to do warranty work.

Thanks for the update. Little bit pissed right now because I was having some issues with my E-Tec last Fall. I guess I will have to find another dealer. Forest Fisheries could never fix my gas tank issue on my Starweld. Ed talked me into buying the 1800 model because he said the E-Tec was better than the Merc and that he would always recommend that outboard over the Merc. Guess it was just a sales pitch. I will never buy anything from them again.

Pugsleys marine is good. Rt. 104 east of Rochester. All he sells is etecs. His son will have you out in an hour. New drive oil and plugs if the computer checks out. Arneys on Sodus is evinrude also I believe, only open 1/2 the week in the winter though. B ville trys to sniff around for $ in my opinion. Not knocking their work, just a high class suburb that have extra to spend. Good luck. No problems with my 60 hp. Just a putt here and there when trolling.

Yes, the open side of the gap on the grounding electrode has to line up perfectly with the injector port. That is an old race engine trick to get uninterrupted atomized fuel burn. Best boom. It takes a few plugs to find a perfect one, as this is all decided on the orientation of the threads in the head and on the plug. Plugs are over $10 a piece. Gets expensive on your own. Very important though for this engine. Your gap needs to be perfect also. I almost always troll, foul a plug every 6-8 months. I always have a set that's indexed in the boat, one for each cylinder.