Open boat launches

With the warm winter temperatures I was wondering if there are any launches on the big lake where I could drop my 18' Lund in to get a jump on the spring brown trout fishing. A couple years ago I had some great fishing in March when we had an early spring. I'd love to get an early start this year as the last two years have been pretty slow for me.

Heading north in a few hours to SR for steelies. Gonna check the lake out to see if I can do some trolling for browns.  Will keep you posted.

Are you towing up or just going River fishing, next week only in the low 20's for a high down here!!! Damn it anyway. February and March are the 2 toughest months, I remember a few years ago it gave a heavy wet snow and a lot of Bimini tops got smashed down with the weight of the snow.

didnt make it to wrights,but did check mexico point,no ice in sight,lake is only down a couple feet,so getting off the trailer shouldnt be bad,also,the pay station is tarped up,so launching is free.also checked the light house in the big salmon,that also is completely ice free,there is alot of crap on the ramp and a big log blocking half the ramp,but i think you can get by it.note on the door said its 10 bucks to launch,there are envelopes there to put money in and slip it through the door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...