Torpedo 19 strand wire dive curve...

Rikeye

Any body have dive curve for the 19 strand when trolling deep cranks?I have heard its similar to lc and if so can I troll spoons with it like lc?I want to replace trolling with single strand ss wire as it easily kinks and a general pia...Also hear you can clip it straight to your board clips which is great.Anyone use it and can give me there experience..also want to mention I fish lake Erie for walleye and we troll a lot of single strand ss wire straight to deep cranks..

Edited by Rikeye

Wow, you still use single strand?!?  I abandoned that stuff 5 years ago, and even that was too late. That stuff is garbage.

You can use 7 strand or 19 strand - it will be like heaven compared to the single strand. 

I've used 7 strand in place of a leadcore, flatlining. Yes you can use it, but for whatever reason it just isn't as productive as leadcore. Do you have roller guide rods (swivel tip) or leadcore rods (big chrome guides)?  The issue with the wire is the knot to the leader (you will need 15 ft of 20 lb leader), gets stuck in the roller guides and swivel tip. It's bets to use a leadcore rod for a wire setup with a leader. But to be honest, I'd leave the leadcore as the flatline and use the wire on dipsey divers.  My leadcore gets way more hits than the wire at the same depth. Don't know why, but I can tell you I gave flatline wire a chance for 2 years with very little success.

Yes,single strand 12 lb test...300' with deep divers (thunderstiks,deep long A...have been a staple for charter captains in central/eastern basin from geneva to Conneaut OH for a long time.Most use it as there main board program from July -mid September

Im not sure except it's been a great producer for them and people don't like change.I have only just started running wire and am learning the wire program so I'm ok with something different if it works good.I heard some are experimenting with the torpedo 19 and if it catches fish it would have many advantages...I bought some and it seems real flexible and easy to manage...you guys have any experience with it?

• 3 weeks later...

Leadcore has a max depth of maybe 40....these guys use thin wire 300'gets them 50-55 with a deep thunderstick,useing thin diameter(.012) along with the weight of wire gets the depth where lc and copper is more about the weight only that gets the depth.So the wire is more stable....doesn't go up and down in current,speed changes etc as much as lc aND copper,...the copper aND lc works just not as consistent for them once the eyes go 45 plus deep...on turns the copper drops so much it's in the mud in no time.I used a fishawk td with 200 of copper and thunderstik and trolling 2.2ish I got 40is feet deep......going the other way it was 60plus.We had tons of current that day.The wire with thunderstik stayed plus or minus 50-55'...current and speed has less effect on the wire than the lc or copper....But the wire is a pia....that's why I'm gonna try the 19 strand torpedo wire,a friend had good success with it last couple years and it handles great,so will find out....