Bay Rats for spring Browns

Xxx

Spring Browns are right around the corner!! I was wondering those who ran Bay Rats which length and color/name was good for you. I am going to place an order soon but would kind of like to know what direction to go. There are reasons that I'm asking this. I can't swing a big order but would like to be able to swim a few of these new lures. Thanks to those willing to give out some info. If willing but not really, if you know what I mean please PM me. Thanks PAP.

I just order some to try this spring can't give you advice on size and colour. I can say that I went in the site on Friday and saw they had bt candy in stock. So Saturday when I had time I placed my order unfortunately they were listed as sold out. I placed order minus 1, then yesterday I saw that they were back in stock. All I can say is if it's not in stock give it a day or two and check again it maybe available. Can't to get them fishing and see how they do

Our top 3 colors last spring in short shallow were Black Flash, My Secret, and Glow Green Frog. I'd look at the new Brown Trout from this years line-up as well. That'd give you 4 color choices. Two hot colors, and two natural colors.

Please remember that these dive deeper than Thundersticks, bombers, and F7/F9 Rapalas. If running 100' leads they are going to dive to 7/8'. If the water has color and you can get away with 75' leads you can get into 5/6'.

Thanks to all you guys!! I just had a little surgery in-out, they placed a morphene pump in my back to try to curb the pain, they claim it goes to the nerves and doesn't get into the blood so it won't make me any more goofy then I already am. Things are tight right now so I'd like to get this right. I'd like to purchase 2 of the best colors till I hit near $100.00 no more. My wife said if I really want them we could swing that!! She has held this household together for 3 years and for her to tell me this brought a sense of great happiness, that's hasn't been a thought of mine for a long time. I greatly thank you guys!!! PAP "Mike"

I just bought a bunch at the Niagara show...can't wait to try them on the browns as well as pike and walleye in Conesus...I ended up spending around $200 at the show on them...then ordered more the other day when they found more of the BT candy...hope ya get feeling better pap...sounds like ya got a good wife...I got my wife into fishing a couple years ago...worked to my advantage got a 24 ft Lund for us last year and she never hassles me about buying tackle as if I need anymore lol...but I do try and sneak out occasionally so I can catch a fish once in awhile...she's a bit of a fish hog...lol

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Our top 3 colors last spring in short shallow were Black Flash, My Secret, and Glow Green Frog. I'd look at the new Brown Trout from this years line-up as well. That'd give you 4 color choices. Two hot colors, and two natural colors.

Please remember that these dive deeper than Thundersticks, bombers, and F7/F9 Rapalas. If running 100' leads they are going to dive to 7/8'. If the water has color and you can get away with 75' leads you can get into 5/6'.

what size were you using,there are two?

Thanks Big Water, looks like you and Yankee are on the same page, what area are you fishing! The NE end of Lake'O the long shallows work better so I was told, but that last year. I think it was Paul C.

Giz you are correct, the first one was a mistake!!! For sure. I think I got the last one from the old school! Her dad and brother both hunt, fish, go to block shoot, so she was used to that kind of lifestyle. We do a lot of canning, pickles, red beets we do our own corn for the winter. She also makes a mean meat pie, rabbit squirrel, pheasants what ever the good lord provides, my kids won't eat corn out of the can, and they love deer meat. She was a special ED school teacher for 15 years and went back to regular ED the last 4. My wife has a ton of patiants, to me those are special people to do her job. Thanks for your input Mike

Did anyone produce well with the long shallow as well I hear wayyy more talk of the short shallows and I'm kinda getting worried I made the wrong choice picking up a bunch of long shallows at the niagra show

Several guys ran the Long Shallows on the east end the last two years. General consensus was that the LS out fished the SS by a big margin.

Thanks for the thread,just bought 13 bay rats while having coffee,doubled up but got one short and one long of each,see how that works?

That's a real good idea Griz. That's probably what I'm going to do

A lot of the guys have mentioned the same colors other than the goby color, I would have thought a few folks would have said, don't forget the "GOBY" pattern, is this just a over look or is this a must have item. Yea or Nay??? Thanks PAP.

Edited by pap

She is the best!! Never has she said no your not going here or there, or what's that going to cost!! My family comes first, my daughters, my wife then my father in law then me, and yes as long as I tell her when I'll be back she doesn't care. She will rout her schedule to suite me not being there but I better be there when I say I'll be home, so I don't screw up her plans. I have never told her she can't go with her friends either!! She went to Aruba for a week with her college friends, and last summer my father in law gave us a 50th birthday gift, a paid in full trip to Hawaii for 10 days that included our 2 daughters. And about 5 years ago she and a teacher freind went to the main island of Hawaii for a week. I really do have a good one.wishinfishin!! Thanks for acknowledging that, means a lot to me. PAP.