Quick update on the invites. We sent them out but over half were returned to sender. Apparently the USPS wasn't a fan of the frosted envelopes with clear address labels. Please let us know if you didn't get one, and don't be alarmed if you received two. Take the spare and talk another boat into fishing the event! 

Deposits are due by February 21st. This is also the deadline to be entered in the Early Bird drawing.

Registration is now open on the website. You can register your teams for the WHI, 1 K A Day, and the Salmon Slam.

Wilson Harbor Invitational 

• 2 weeks later...

My team is in. Deposit accepted. To be honest I almost pussed out. I wasn't sure why. I guess a combination of I don't want to be embarrassed if we suck or the work and cost of getting there and fishing.

My team is in. Deposit accepted. To be honest I almost pussed out. I wasn't sure why. I guess a combination of I don't want to be embarrassed if we suck or the work and cost of getting there and fishing.

it's all about the pre fishing for any tournament. best of luck to you

We won our first professional event in 2007. Our first time fishing a professional event coming from the Am division. The next weekend we took dead last in Niagara. It happens to everyone. Honestly, a bad tourney will teach you more than one you clean house in!

We have been fishing Lake Erie walleye tournaments for several years now. We are good walleye fishermen and I think tournament fishing is exactly why. It makes me constantly work and think while on the water. I have gotten to know lots of the Erie guys and it is amazing how each boat fishes differently yet is still successful. Being diverse yet sticking to what you are comfortable with seems to be a common thread to successful tournament guys for Walleye. I am assuming it's not much different on Ontario.

RD I think you hit it on the head, do what brings you success and take advantage of each hit and you guys will do fine. The Lake Erie boys have been doing great for a number of years on the west end, and I'm sure once you experience this event you guys will be hooked