Salmon Showdown

GAMBLER

Hell Walleye fishing/tournaments has way more interest and following the Salmon does throughout the country ...... and I can count on one hand how many tournaments I have seen televised.

Very true!! That's exactly what I was going to add, every Monday at 7pm there was supposed to show the walleye tour, if you don't see it that night your shyt out of luck, BUT the lily pad fish that you can't even tell what it is till they clear all the salad YEA, YEA WHAT a HOG, good grief give me a break, and rerun after rerun off bass, poles like broom sticks 100lbs braid for a fish you could land with 8# test if you didn't have to drag it through the woods to net it. Get Real!!! JMO LOL.

So find a college that has video production as a major, get the students to have their project be a reality based fishing show based on lake Ontario. There has to be a few guys out there that are like Dave Marciano.. Huk sponsors them, BPS, ect.. It doesn't have to be about tournaments it could be about struggling captains. That guy that is the announcer for salmon showdown is dry! Sorry bud. Love the show but History channel has the market on reality TV . make it real and people will watch!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I nominate Jerry as the announcer! He's full of energy and excitement

Are you KIDDING ME!?!?!?!? He'd be all doom and gloom! Oil prices are down we're all gonna starve. The market fell 3 points. Better sell your boat! I DON'T THINK SO MATTTTTT!

There, that's the drama I'd watch!!

Gloves off yes !

This drama can be seen at East Fork Marina every week this season.  Our boat slips are right next to each other. 

It is all about the editing to make it interesting. Rick, how many people fish for Bluefin Tuna? But "Wicked Tuna" has a following.

post-140268-14555663834751_thumb.jpgpost-140268-14555664206361_thumb.jpg

I don't always fish for tuna...but when I do.. I just look for tuna boats!

The fishing vessel "Fishin Frenzy" from Wicked Tuna Outer Banks..Oregon Inlet fleet harbor, NC

If the same people who do "Wicked Tuna" did it here, it would be wildly successful. Its ALL about the production. They are SO good at the camera angles you feel like you're there smelling the diesel fumes.

One things for sure, we would not have to stage the on the water or harbor side drama like they do--there's enough of that on this lake that's authentic to last a decade worth of shows! 

The Tuna shows work because they are so valuable and they are HUGE. Here, we do regularly run into chaos and drama, both good and bad. The tournaments would make an excellent back drop. Get it rolling Brian!

Great point!

You can catch BASS in just about every state in the US. It's a HUGE market and more people fishing bass tourneys in one town than do Salmon tourneys on Lake Ontario. It's where the $$$$ is at!

If this is what you've always wanted then why did you alienate your pals FK? They were ALLLLL about this!

You guys want some drama? I'm talking Salmon DRAMA!?!?!?!?!?

I'm calling out Russel to bring his team to Lake Ontario! I want some of their MONEY!

I'm editing this to add that I'm bored at work, I've fished a total of twice since the boat went away (very rare for me), and I'd really like to see more Lake MI teams come fish our events with big payouts.

Yankee Troller,

Im sure you would be happy to take our cash just like the Michigan boys do. I am trying to get a team together for Wilson but striking out so far....

Yankee Troller,

Im sure you would be happy to take our cash just like the Michigan boys do. I am trying to get a team together for Wilson but striking out so far....

I can't imagine how tough it is getting a team to commit and go fish another lake hours away. There are a few that do, and once they do it they are generally hooked, but it's no easy task. If there is anything Kevin or I can do logistically to help let us know. Edited by Yankee Troller

the feeling is the same here in Canada...

we too see half empty marinas in May, and less lineups at the ramps on weekends

most of our shoreline from Niagara to Port Hope (approx 150miles?) is surrounded by suburban concrete... most of the general public thinks Lake O only has carp and sunfish...

we have only a handful of tackle shops within close proximity of that whole stretch (excluding big box chains)

very little to no help or promotion of the fishery at all from any levels of government...

So find a college that has video production as a major, get the students to have their project be a reality based fishing show based on lake Ontario. There has to be a few guys out there that are like Dave Marciano.. Huk sponsors them, BPS, ect.. It doesn't have to be about tournaments it could be about struggling captains. That guy that is the announcer for salmon showdown is dry! Sorry bud. Love the show but History channel has the market on reality TV . make it real and people will watch!

Man I needed a good laugh.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Man I needed a good laugh. :lol::lol::lol:

So you are laughing cause you agree or do you think I'm an idiot? :D

Seriously I like the show but I couldn't tell you one captains name or what they do besides run a thirty foot yacht after small salmon. There is never a mention as to what a Twinkie rig is? Meat rig? The show never mentions one technique for fishing these fish. Dipsy rods, lead cores, copper, what's the difference between a spin doctor and a paddle? Not saying I know all this stuff but it would be a great add on for the show. An equipment section that explains and sells some of the gear would be cool. Water depths, water temps, how the lake stratifies, how that affects fish and bait all info that would be sellers for depth finders and temp probes.

Sponsors are probably trying to get Wicked Tuna guys to run their gear. That show makes it personal between captains... Just a friendly suggestion to add onto my second favorite show on TV!

So you are laughing cause you agree or do you think I'm an idiot? :D

Seriously I like the show but I couldn't tell you one captains name or what they do besides run a thirty foot yacht after small salmon. There is never a mention as to what a Twinkie rig is? Meat rig? The show never mentions one technique for fishing these fish. Dipsy rods, lead cores, copper, what's the difference between a spin doctor and a paddle? Not saying I know all this stuff but it would be a great add on for the show. An equipment section that explains and sells some of the gear would be cool. Water depths, water temps, how the lake stratifies, how that affects fish and bait all info that would be sellers for depth finders and temp probes.

Sponsors are probably trying to get Wicked Tuna guys to run their gear. That show makes it personal between captains... Just a friendly suggestion to add onto my second favorite show on TV!

Agreed. Just going through the motions is boring, especially for small fish.