Cheap and easy leader storage I have been using.

Hey Fellas, I thought I would share a cheap and easy method I have been using to store my leaders the last year or so.  First, I buy these plastic Sterilite containers with a snap on lid and handle for about $5.00/each from my local Shopko, or Walmart.  Then I cut lengths of pool noodles to fit inside them.  I can get 4 fully loaded pool noodles inside each box.  Then I cut a toothpick in half with a scissors, and shove the sharp end into the noodle at an angle, to use as a peg for one end of the leader,  wrap the leader around the noddle as many times as it takes to get the whole leader wrapped.  Then I either use another half toothpick to peg the other end, or if it works out to the right length, I just put it on the original toothpick.  I have been storing all kinds of leaders in these, including diver leaders, and fly leaders.  of course the fly leaders are easier, because the hook end just shoves right into the noodle, only requiring 1/2 toothpick.  I have included some pics in case anyone is interested.  These work good for storing night-crawler harnesses too, for any of you walleye guys.  Thanks.   

post-150571-0-81725200-1455738965_thumb.jpg

post-150571-0-71424300-1455739022_thumb.jpg

Edited by John Kelley

I do the same with the hook in the noodle and I just happened to have several hundred 1/2" horseshoe shaped galvanized nails. They look like a "U" but upside down.