ISO record tiger in Otisco...

That's a nice fish.  If you read the comments section below the article, it kind of gives you an insight into the ignorance of some people.

If 36 inches is good maybe 40 inches is better.  I don't know what you can do about the douchebags killing them out of disrespect.

I also didn't realize that the record was only 50 inches in length.

Well I'd bet dollars to doughnuts, that there are more people than one could shake a stick at with that dumbass mentality. That's the old school mentality, that same guy probably sings a sweet song about a 10# eye, they're mean lean eating machines also, I caught a huge eye in LakeO, but really I hooked a 18-20" pike that the eye grabbed a hold of, the eye was never hooked. He was surprised as hell as dad slid the net under the both, there had to be 8" of pike sticking out each side of the eyes mouth. I guess we should kill all the big eyes then? Wonder what that jackass would have to say about this situation?!!! There's 1 in every crowd half the time their bark is worse than their bite. If you talk that dumb I highly doubt that he's smart enough to catch a tiger. LOL

That's a nice fish. If you read the comments section below the article, it kind of gives you an insight into the ignorance of some people.

If 36 inches is good maybe 40 inches is better. I don't know what you can do about the douchebags killing them out of disrespect.

I also didn't realize that the record was only 50 inches in length.

i read the quotes after seeing this. There are some real pinheads out there. And the guy iso a record tiger;that 47 on your wall will never reach 50".

Agreed old man.... I learned something from 2015. Last year I caught a huge tiger in my kayak one night after midnight...had to be around 40" couldn't measure it in my yak but the thing was way over 3'... as I put it on my stringer, and continued fishing for eyes I had visions of pics and a mount. That fish ended up straightening 2 stringer hooks and got away. After I posted that adventure, and the months that followed I guess I came to an understanding that otisco is a gem and the Tigers it holds are magnificent... I may have outsmarted it with my lure, but it wasn't ment to be on my stringer.... I have to think that's it's still out there getting bigger... and the next time I catch it, I may just snap a pic of it next to my yak and let it swim... Ivery wanted to try one but 36 seems too big to eat anyway, and it's kind of a waste of life to just mount it.... maybe I'm a year older, and getting wiser... maybe you guys are wearing off on me...

Edited by MeatHunter737

Old man,

Glad you said it as I wanted to...you cant say in one breath how you want a 50+ and keep a 47 in the next....the article is nothing but a fluff piece with no real point to it. It so rare fish and lakes get some attention in mainstream press and every time the writers dont even get into any issues. Just hero stuff...how about conservation, education, promoting ethical fishing to our next generation. How about everyone calling them a science project...they do occur naturally, and in fact the world record WASNT stocked. The comments after the piece prove there's a real story and real issues.

For this angler commenting on how his goal was to catch a 50 inch tiger, it makes sense to let a 47 incher go.  Maybe the adrenaline was too much for him to handle.  Afterall, That is a fish of a lifetime for most people.  If he gets a 50+ and presumably the record, will he mount it too? (most likely) will he keep both mounts?  He could probably sell the smaller one.  As far as problems go he has it pretty easy.  I have many times caught a really good fish and put it on a stringer, only to calm down later and let it go.  I am ok with him keeping it for the wall but logic states (by his own criteria) he should have let it go.

In any case, there are worse things in the world.  Like that douchebag in the article talking about killing em and throwing em in his garden.  That I find extremely <insert curse words here> up.

I think Justin has a good shot at getting that 50.  He has put the hours in and understands the conditions he sees.  But to catch one, there has to be one and odds are better if you let 36-49 inchers go back.  Just sayin. 

I personally wont get a 50....highly unlikely as the only time i ever get one is solo or casting light tackle...now someone on my boat...still a long shot but perhaps! I dont know if i could kill the next state record just to have it in my name if it was actually me that caught it...doubt i could the more i think about it

• 4 weeks later...

My thoughts are getting a picture,measurements and weight then letting it go and then have a replica made? Did that with my 6lb large mouth? Can't tell it's a replica?And will do it again with any other fish I want to mount!

My thoughts are getting a picture,measurements and weight then letting it go and then have a replica made? Did that with my 6lb large mouth? Can't tell it's a replica?And will do it again with any other fish I want to mount!

Same here Griz, although I do have a 12 3/4# walleye and its 33 5/8"s long, hanging on the wall, That was 30 years ago, I didn't even think about a replica, at that moment I just wanted a wet shirt to wrap it in and haul ass back to camp. I was 7 miles away from the camp, running wide open with a 15hp on a 14ft aluminum boat with dad and our gear. If I catch a 30# plus laker with Brian's gear he's making I will do a replica!! For sure. I hunt and eat wild game and I fish and eat fish but a 25-30 year old fish is ridiculous to kill just to say "luck what I found"!!!

Edited by pap

Yeah I have a 15lb- 4oz brown I caught off shore by the plant In Oswego in 1985, over the years I guess I am getting more wiser? Maybe? Wish we could do the same with big bucks? Lol, maybe some day?ya never know?

Yeah I have a 15lb- 4oz brown I caught off shore by the plant In Oswego in 1985, over the years I guess I am getting more wiser? Maybe? Wish we could do the same with big bucks? Lol, maybe some day?ya never know? 

paintball guns just saying (catch and release)