2001 proline 23' WA

turks

Have been running a 25 Walk since 2008 and to me handles Lake O fine. After riding in my Proline a buddy got a 19CC for Lake Erie and a 21CC for Florida. His 21 rides nice and dry. My 25 has an outboard on a bracket so whole back of the boat is wide open.

I owned one for a couple of years, a 24'.  But handled much larger than that.  From the end of the sprit to the back of the salt water transom the thing was about 31' or so.  Took up a full dock at Hughes and then some.  The boat I thought was a superb boat for Lake O.  Our problem was we couldn't keep a two stroke on it.  Both we had blew up.  One was a rebuilt from Arney's and that blew up twice.  

That being said it was a great boat imho for as much as I know about boats.  Wide open for fishing, had a decent cuddy, dry ride, handled big waves good, and looked like it was going fast just sitting at the dock!  What it came down to is could we justify putting a large dollar motor on an older boat, ours was an 89.  So we sold the boat for a pittance with trailer, and bought a used but fully surveyed Penn Yan Avenger.  We always used Amish bags on the Pro Line and we use them on our Penn Yan.  Running both bags I can slow the boats down to right about 2 mph over land speed, but the thing I like about the bags is a much more stable ride in heavy seas.  I didn't go out much in over 6' in our Pro Line, but the Avenger, I have had out in 8 to 10'  and frankly as long as we were quartering into them it wasn't bad.  Although I did have a very experienced Charter Capt. with me!  The Pro Line was hard to fish though, in the sense that it didn't have any padding around the gunwales so fighting a fish you would tend to get bruised up a bit if it was a good chop.That's it.  

In researching my '97 231 WA, which is 25'5" LOA, I found out that the newer hulls are built very well. They use a glass encased foam stringer and bulkhead system. (Look up F.I.S.T.) No rot. The foam is not supposed to soak up water, but who knows. I went from a Trophy that had nothing but plywood and carpet in the cuddy, to this Proline that is all fiberglass. Way more durable, rot resitant and easier to clean. The Proline has a much nicer fit and finish. Better wiring at the helm, nicer details in the cockpit(stainless bits as opposed to plastic), bigger pumps and easy access to them, compartments that drain overboard by gravity, etc. The only aspect I can complain about is the ride. And I suspect it may be me getting used to double the HP's I had before. When it is getting rough, the Proline will bang at the bow a bit more. I will say, it feels real solid in those conditions, though may be me just going too fast, or need to trim the bow down a bit more. I went from the Trophy with 125 HP outboard to this boat with a 350 Bravo 3. Way more power, so maybe the difference in ride is me pushing too hard. I bought it in August last year, so I am still learning how it wants to be run in the slop. A lot people bang on Proline, but you see a lot of them on the water.

post-155053-14560580680942_thumb.jpg