It's Coming.... Lake Erie United (LEU)

BlueEye

leu_comingsoon_day_zpsopme7uhg.jpg

Coming soon to a computer, phone and tablet near you.  BETA TESTERS wanted.  If you are interested in helping out in some beta testing of the new website, we'd be very appreciative!  Here is the private link for those interested:

http://www.lakeerieunited.com/

My goal is to populate all the forums with some decent content, pictures, calendar events, etc.

I'm sure we can find a couple guys here that also fish Lake Erie...  :yes:

Enjoy!

Chad

FYI, there already is a good site for Lake Erie. "Walleye.com" it covers the entire lake from east to west with different threads. We have a local one "eastern lk. Erie fish report" that covers the eastern end of the lake. With a good group of guys that share all kinds of info., all one needs to do is ask their question & it will be answered by many. It covers walleye, perch, lakers, steelies & other fish. Just to let you know, check it out.

FYI, there already is a good site for Lake Erie. "Walleye.com" it covers the entire lake from east to west with different threads. We have a local one "eastern lk. Erie fish report" that covers the eastern end of the lake. With a good group of guys that share all kinds of info., all one needs to do is ask their question & it will be answered by many. It covers walleye, perch, lakers, steelies & other fish. Just to let you know, check it out.

Yeah but we are trying to create something great for Lake Erie the same way Lake Ontario United has done for Lake Ontario/

Yeah but we are trying to create something great for Lake Erie the same way Lake Ontario United has done for Lake Ontario/[/quote

I agree when they already have a great site, which I have been a member since we fished the western basin. I will 100% agree with lineman49, they aren't afraid to give anyone advice on how to catch an eye, which took some getting used to when I first joined LOU. OH, about eyes that is, if it's a trout of any kind this is the ultimate site!!! For fishing the lakes of NY

Not to sound like a copy cat, I've given this idea a little more thought, "Maybe" once the guys see how they operate on Erie some might be a little more tentive to help others out that might need a kick start in the right direction. Every year there seems to be little more talk on the walleyes. This just might open the doors on this subject, to share info. But yet not spot burn a area. Well light the fuse, we'll wait for the Boom!! LOL

I have fished western LO and eastern LE for 25 years. The sharing of info is definitely different on the 2 lakes. Very little specific info is found on internet from eastern L. Erie. Seems its mostly word of mouth on Erie from your good old boy network. Luckily I do have a network of friends I talk to via phone. Even on the VHF hardly any detailed info is shared.Seems on LO theirs lots of internet sites that give very specific and detailed info. LOU,Spoonpullers,LOTSA, even GLA. You can go to these sites and ask a specific question and pretty much get a straight answer. Location,lures,speed the stuff you need to know. On the VHF I've made some friends I've known for over 20 years. Lots of out of state guys on LO always willing to share.When a tourny is just around the corner you better have a goodoldboy network you can call on both lakes. Anyhow just my observations after all these years. I'd welcome an LEU site and hope it could be as great a site as LOU has been for many years.

Lake Erie needs more information on yellow

Perch. Keeping their numbers under control is very important to walleye fry success. Our youngsters are happier catching perch rather than Walleyes and bass and they are our future. I see more perch fishing boats than Walleyes lately . Do not ignore these guys and have a greater promotion of this activity.

Just saying, not sure if everyone knew of it. I can always use more good info. for sure! To Blue eye, like my father use tell me, "This is what I would do but, do what you want too, you will anyway!" lol. I use it on my kids.

Haha - that's a funny quote that sounds very familiar lineman  :lol:    Same words have been echoed by my father. 

We pushed out the Android App for Lake Erie United last night and the iOS App is in review state.  I don't personally have an Android phone so if anyone is able to test that out for me would be much appreciated. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.lakeerieunitedcomwalleye

I'm expecting iOS approval sometime this week. 

Feedback has been amazing so far - thanks so much everyone for the support!  I'm blown away by the initial interest in the site. 

I had no issues loading the app just registering to the site. Used a regular PC to register and worked great! Proud to be apart of what's going to be another great site.

Edited by JakeyBaby

Thanks for feedback guys!  That is good to know with respect to Android app.  Android app is in beta, iOS app will be full launch. 

Justin - I'd like to run beta testing for a little while (it's only been a day) but realize everyone is very excited.  i'll do my best to get the site live as soon as I can but also want to make sure that I do my due diligence. 

Chad

Yeah it doesn't hurt to populate it with some quality content.  I'd like at least one post in every forum.  There are a couple other things I can have to clean up as well but all in all I think we are in pretty good shape.

Worked fine for me, used a IPad, they sent the rest via pc. Mail filled the rest out, and presto, I'm a member of LEU. This will be great. Thanks Chad, you the man!!!!