Coming up from watkins glen area and have read alot, went to wilson one time and did very good 3 weeks ago on the kings although small, biggest was 13lbs, but first time for my boat on sunday. Closest place is Sodus but do not here alot of salmon action as of yet. Do I still go west of Rochester or has anybody been doing damage out of Sodus, either way where is a good place to dock and how far out, depth, any help would be appreciate. No downriggers, will just be using dipsy's .

cool,another bowhunter.we've been fishing just west of Sodus and its been pretty slim pickins,at least for us.there are a couple places to launch on the bay,the public (free is good) launch on Rt. 14 or Arneys,also on Rt.14.I would suggest starting in 70fow and head north trying depths anywhere from just below the surface down to 75' or even more.We marked a bunnch of fish below 75' down to 125'.Good luck

IA ,the whole lake is pretty much hit and miss right now.Wilson niagra bar area should have the best consentrations of fish with the least amount of searching.The oak reports ant been too good and that area is usually smoking with some of the best charters on the lake in that port ,their searching 5 to 8 mi off shore just for steelies to save the day.Basicly the fish are everywhere spread out with tons of bait to keep their hunger surpressed.Your best bet if you get one is mark the waypiont and hit that area hard . If you choose sodus i would suggest a 330 heading outa port setup at 100ft of water and troll north. keep a couple top lines just under the surface too.As for me if i could play i would head to the Oak (point breeze).in fact as im typing my wife asked what i wanted for fathers day and i said a day of fishing and she said ok so maybe ill see dad tonight and head north.............................To The Oak.........