Costa Sunglasses

JakeyBaby

I'm thinking about replacing my lenses on my Costa Tuna Alley sunglasses due to a few minor scratches. Costa wants right around $100 to replace. I've found a few places that's sell replacement lenses for theese but not 100% sure they are they same quality as Costas factory lenses? They say they are the same but not really sure. Anyone ever replace there lenses In the past, much better then buying a complete pair again.

Edited by JakeyBaby

Hands down the best glasses I have ever owned - if you can go 580G do it!

Costa's customer service in my experience is 2nd to none and worth the money to send in for repairs if you wish to stay with the 400s......

Dex

If they're 400G they should be glass unless I'm mistaken on the labeling of the lenses. Just wondering how they got scratched, I've dropped my 580p Saltbreaks like 500 times on the lenses and they have no scratching which I'm very surprised/happy with. The actual lens scratching or the reflective coating?

That's the thing I was considering replacement of the lenses because I sent the to Costa in Daytona Beach a weak and a half ago for warranty work. The nose bad came apart from the frame. They charged me $12 for the repair plus shipping. Wouldn't you think that if something happened to a product under warranty that is it would be free to fix? I'm not complaining about the money I spent to fix them, just a point. If you spend $250 on a pair of sunglasses you would think maybe they would stand behind there life time warranty a little stronger. Believe me to theese glassed were not mistreated one bit what so ever Givin the price I paid for them! Little rant done, on the other hand I do absolutely love my Coatas!

I snapped my frames on my Fisch 580G last Summer. Sent them in and had them back in less than 2 weeks. I think it cost me $25ish. My only gripe was they didn't make the color frame I had originally anymore, so I had to change that. I thought it was decent customer service.