What is your go to lake trout spoon?

So to answer the question regarding fav. spoon, if I have to catch Lakers with I rather wouldn't, the spoon I have been running on the center rigger between the cowbells is a small size evil eye in white w/black edge. It's actually a pattern you can buy now. Good results in deep water.

BTW it's run clean. Slightly longer than the corner leads.

Edited by on the lam

To answer this is like trying to say which donut does a pig like the best. My experiments in the finger lakes have shown that there is a time and place for each technique to catch Lakers. During their peak feeding times anything will work just get em to see it. When the bite starts to slow paddles, sd and fly's bumping bottom changing speed sometimes is key. Changing your total presentation by running flutter spoons ( Suttons, Millers, Great lakes lures, flat fish ect.) and running slow 1.7-1.9 may be the key to triggering the full bellied fish. Then again somedays they are just done eating for a while.

For me a go to spoon that I would say is one of my favorites is FLT's Bob Barker! Come on down greaser! :lol: maybe just cause the name is cool!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

To answer this is like trying to say which donut does a pig like the best. My experiments in the finger lakes have shown that there is a time and place for each technique to catch Lakers. During their peak feeding times anything will work just get em to see it. When the bite starts to slow paddles, sd and fly's bumping bottom changing speed sometimes is key. Changing your total presentation by running flutter spoons ( Suttons, Millers, Great lakes lures, flat fish ect.) and running slow 1.7-1.9 may be the key to triggering the full bellied fish. Then again somedays they are just done eating for a while.

For me a go to spoon that I would say is one of my favorites is FLT's Bob Barker! Come on down greaser! :lol: maybe just cause the name is cool!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hate to say it but Nautitroller does know how to catch them SLUGS.

On Lake Ontario, there is no better method than the spin n glow / cowbell combo. Running spoons, flashers and flies and Dodgers and spin n glows works. I have found I catch more fish per hour and bigger fish on the cowbell / spin n glow rigs. Take a look at the summer LOC leaderboard year after year and see which method is on there the most.

#1) spin-n-glow / cowbell combo as Gambler states above #2) peanut / cowbell or flasher combo #3) Wolverine Tackle Silver Streak yellow tail spoon (or Michigan Stinger) #4) pre-Rapala Storm perch colored deep diver crankbait. These are my favorites for Lake Michigan. In inland lakes in Canada we use cowbells with a leader that has 2 treble hooks about 3 to 4 inches apart and tipped with 3 minnows.