Florida fishing!

rdebadts

I had the itch real bad, so I scratched it down in Florida on the st lucie river! Did 3 nice trout, a big redfish, and some jacks. Just one more month and we will be back at doing what we all know and love!

post-143448-14563324156299_thumb.jpg

post-143448-14563324275046_thumb.jpg

post-143448-1456332439366_thumb.jpg

post-143448-14563324487255_thumb.jpg

Caught this Monday on a bass charter on Lake Butler near Orlando.( right next to Shaq's house). Went for bass on Mon. and Fri. Did some ocean fishing on Sat. and Sun. Only ocean highlight was getting a 5 ft shark to the boat before he broke off. The largemouth Im holding was 7 1/2 lbs. As a bonus , the weather was great!

post-156284-0-79891900-1456348186_thumb.jpg

Here is the 10lbs. 9oz. largemouth I caught fishing a florida lake flipping. It's been a few years so I am due for another nice one hopefully. Also she was released to fight another day.

20130330_122825_zpsqawmxtle.jpg

Here is another view

20130330_122815_zpse0unmttj.jpg

Edited by Chas0218

redebadts,

Marinate it for a few hours in:

Cup of white wine (or enough to submerge fish)

Add some balsamic vinegar

Dash of lemon juice

2 table spoons maple syrup

2 table spoons olive oil

Spices you like (oregano, parcely, dry crushed garlic, etc.)

If you can even marinade overnight.

Cook on cedar plank, and baste the marinade on as you cook.

Delicioussooo!

Edited by TyeeTanic

• 1 month later...

Be careful fishing the St Lucie River. The river was inundated by a discharge from Lake Okeechobee that ended up stifling the river with a massive blue green algae bloom. A recent research study is linking cyanobacteria ( comes with the algae) to a substance it produces called DMMA. There are indications that infection from this stuff is the cause of Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia too. Everyone living around the St Lucie River and the Indian river lagoon are totally teed off as the algae bloom destroyed a huge area .Beware of eating any fish, clams, lobster or anything else that comes from those waters.

Be careful fishing the St Lucie River. The river was inundated by a discharge from Lake Okeechobee that ended up stifling the river with a massive blue green algae bloom. A recent research study is linking cyanobacteria ( comes with the algae) to a substance it produces called DMMA. There are indications that infection from this stuff is the cause of Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia too. Everyone living around the St Lucie River and the Indian river lagoon are totally teed off as the algae bloom destroyed a huge area .Beware of eating any fish, clams, lobster or anything else that comes from those waters.

Yes I knew all about that, my captain was pretty pissed about it. We were fishing about 20 miles north of the river north of the power plant