Wire vs power pro

Power Pro works fine untill the fleas show up, after that it's a nightmare removing them from the braid. Wire is much easier to remove the fleas, just reel up to the tip and most fall right off. You will need to add twilly tips to your diver rods to prevent the ss wire from cutting into the eyes.

Either a twilli tip on the rod for wire or a good quality roller tip. The reason I say "good quality" is that if it is a cheap one with the sides made from aluminum the wire can cut through the sides despite the roller itself OK being made from hardened stainless.  Although it is primarily a personal preference I much prefer wire over braid although I use both because of the fleas but also because I think it cuts through the water better. On the possible downside is the potential for kinking of the wire but it can be solved by cutting that section out and with a 1,000 feet it is usually no big deal with small amounts. If I were a little more anal I would mention that it might throw your line counter off slightly but I don't trust them completely in the first place :lol: Braid is easier than wire f you are using boards for the dipseys.

Edited by Sk8man

I have 2 wire setups and 2 braid. I use both year round the key is to have large diameter braid (50lbs. is what mine are) and the fleas will be minimal. I have had fleas build up on wire dipsy and riggers they have been so thick. If they are that thick nothing stands a chance.

Edited by Chas0218

I have had fleas build up on wire dipsy and riggers they have been so thick. If they are that thick nothing stands a chance.

Isn't that the truth... and the more vertical the lines the heavier the fleas accumulate. When you have trouble getting your downrigger wire to come through you know it's a problem :lol:

Isn't that the truth... and the more vertical the lines the heavier the fleas accumulate. When you have trouble getting your downrigger wire to come through you know it's a problem :lol:

Yeah I tried to flick the wire but it doesn't work.