Canvas top for a 1985 19 foot Starcraft Islander.

rolmops

I have been looking around for a canvas top that tacks on to the top of the front window and is supported by a fold up frame. The one I have right now  is really for a 22 footer and it is starting to fall apart. Do you guys know of any laying around gathering dust or about anybody making them and if so,what would be a ballpark price?

Thank ,Cornelis.

Cornelis -If you want a real good one reasonably priced I'd check with John Mann  Sodus Bay Canvas 315 871 6400. His pricing is fair and he does great work.

I have had repair work done and new isinglass windows by Steve''s Canvas and Upholstery. He does good work. I 'm not sure about the price compared to others but it seemed reasonable. His shop on Rt 104 and County Line Rd. in Webster burned down last June. Their website says they are in the process of setting up a temporary shop in Webster so you would have to contact him 585-265-1170. I think the temporary shop might be set up now.

http://www.stevescustomcanvas.com/

• 2 weeks later...

When the time came to replace the top on my 221 Islander, I got mine direct from Starcraft. I went through my local dealer and got the top, front and side windows, rear drop curtain and the rear mooring top. Paid less than the quotes I was getting from local canvas shops and came with all new framework. All I had to do was line up the attachment points and the new top was on. It took about 2-3 weeks to arrive at my dealer after I ordered it all.

Had mine made by an old guy in Scotha ny made it taller than most , I think did a great job. price was half of other ones I got  $1,100 extra heavy tubing  mine is a 19' Islander a complet top encloser when the back is on will drop behind the seat for a curtin

Edited by Jakob5pennies

Thank you guys for all the advice. In the end I decided to repair my canvas. I had it done by a nice lady in Charlotte. She charges a little bit less than $18 dollars per hour.

She redid all the seams ,fixed 2 holes and removed and replaced the outside lining. For 4.5 hours of labor,replacement material and taxes ,she charged $86. It looks very good.

She also guarantees her work.

She calls her business the Sewing Company (585) 581-0697.

Edited by rolmops