Updated rules Amateur Division Niagara Pro Am

Niagara’s Pro-Am brings Am Division back!

The Niagara Pro Am has made a number of changes to the 2016 Tournament based upon feedback it has received on the best way to grow the participation in this event. Specifically, on the Amateur side, the best features from the existing Recreational Open and from the previous Amateur Division have been merged together to create the new Amateur Division for 2016. These features include:

All participants will be truly Amateurs, no US Coast Guard licensed Captains will be allowed on any teams;

All NYS waters on Lake Ontario are open to fishing;

No Observers will be required;

The dates have been moved to when the fishing is normally near shore and excellent off of the Niagara County shoreline. This should make the competition more enjoyable and will level the “Trolling Field†so that everyone has a shot at winning;

You can start whenever you want, wherever you want, but must be in line by 2:30 pm each day to weigh in at Krull Park in Olcott (Lions Club Pavilion, North);

Any combination of your top three Salmon or Trout (only 1 may be a Lake Trout) will be your “box†to be weighed;

Online registration is available as late as the Monday before the event (May 16);

Entry fees are very reasonable with payouts more than 100 percent of the entry fees plus merchandise prizes. Big fish prizes, too, each day. The intent is to pay back the top four teams each day based on 40-30-20-10 percentage breakdowns and big fish overall.

Each of the three days is a separate event. You can choose to fish any of the days that best fit your schedule.

If you choose two or three days, then your two best scores will automatically enter you into the competition for the West End Amateur Cup and a check for $500 in Cash.

Check out www.lakeontarioproam.net for an entry form.      

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reminder that the deadline to sign up for the amateur division is Monday May 16 online. There are some great changes this year for the amateur division that should really improve it this year. This is a cheap tourney with great payouts and prizes. Hurry up and get your team together and sign up!

Edited by seanymph

You might want to check with tournament control & make sure you you won't have a problem if your boat is only 17", rule # 6

6 - BOAT RESTRICTION AND IDENTIFICATION: Boat size will be limited to no less than 18 

Good luck

Just a follow up on boat length. Shot an email to Bill Hilts asking for his input. He said, as he reads the rules its an 18' minimum for all boats Pro or Am. You should check into it to make sure your not going to have a problem.

Best of luck to all!

Two days till I leave....getting excited !  The forecast is looking great.  Is anyone going to be in Wilson on Tuesday?  I'm at Bootleggers and I'll be launching at Tuscarora by myself so I need to get back from Bootleggers to Tuscarora for my truck.  I'll take a bike as a last resort, but if anyone is around for a ride that would be plenty appreciated :) 

By leaving where ever you want, does that mean I can fish this from Sandy Creek?

According to the rules "niagara county ports only" golden hills, olcott, wilson, niagara river

Just a follow up on boat length. Shot an email to Bill Hilts asking for his input. He said, as he reads the rules its an 18' minimum for all boats Pro or Am. You should check into it to make sure your not going to have a problem.

Best of luck to all!

I will try to email him.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app