Does anyone run a heater craft heater on their boat?

vetting

I have a 25ft cuddy cabin boat.  Since I'm redoing the canvas I'm actually going to have a back canvas on the bimini this year.  Since is always so freaking cold until mid July the last few years, I was thinking on getting a heater craft 300 series heater system.  I have a Mercruiser 350 I/O on the boat.  Its fresh water cooled so it wouldnt heat up until the motor is fully warm.  Was going to run one vent to the each side and then run one up to the windshield for defrosting/defogging.  Just wondering if anyone has any experience with running one and how it performs.  I'd imagine that it wouldnt be the greatest with fresh water cooling, but it still is 160 water so it has to do something. 

• 3 weeks later...

You guys that are running your Buddy's, do they shut off frequently due to the boat rocking, listing, etc. on anything but the calmest days? I thought about doing the same, but man, my Buddy seems so sensitive to any movement in the ice shanty. Just push it back, or move it the least bit, and it shuts itself off.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a heater on my Avenger that runs off the engine but the fella I bought the boat from disconnected it cause the heater always seemed to be on even when off. It is a big heater too!  I just dress warmer is all in the spring and early summer.  Not a fan of anything that can tip over or over heat that didn't come with the boat as a stock item, cause you never know.  

I installed a D2 Eberspacher in my 24' with no issue several years ago, hides up in previously unused space. I've used it on a bunch of overnight trips at anchor during late fall and winter and it keeps the cabin nice and comfortable and uses little power or fuel. You can get gas models too if you want to run from your main gas tank. Eberspacher and Webasto heaters are made for being installed in boats or trucks, so no tinkering needed. I also have a heater core up in the 'V' that runs heat in from the I/O when I'm traveling that works great on cold transits. Heck, I even have an old 1970s gas Eberspacher in my VW Baja that works like a champ still. They are not real cheap, but I have never run into any issues and I dig the almost instant heat.