RODS RODS AND RODS

Hey guys, what are your go to Rigger and Dipsy rods. I am currently running Okuma Classic Pro GLTs for Ontario riggers and PowerPlus rods on the fingerlakes. Dipsy rods are Diawa Accudepth 10'6. Love the action of the accudepths but durability has been an issue!

I

Classic pro glt 8' 6" in medium action.

I use them for walleye and salmon. They are stiff enough for inline or big planer boards but soft enough for those walleye. When targeting walleye keep your drags looser and you won't have an issue.

I like to save a little money on my rods and use Cabela's Depthmaster brand.  Not sure who manufactures them but the quality is decent and the soft action is awesome for FLT trout and eyes.

I used to use these until I had a rod fail and cabelas refused to replace it when it was only 2 months old. I told the lady I never had an issue in the past as I had 1 other fail 2 years prior. I suggest looking at the Okuma Classic Pro GLT they can be purchased cheaper than the Depthmasters (sometimes.)

Edited by Chas0218

Dipsies  7' fish doctor roller rods  heavy enough for kings and light enough for the smaller fingerlakes fish

riggers 7 '  fish doctors for the kings with spoons and flashers on LO

riggers 9'  diamondbacks and fish 307's for the fingerlakes and browns on LO

leadcores are 7' okuma and diamondbacks.

Have a bunch of other rods set up for specials.

Shimano Telora 8" medium action downrigger rods. It's hard to beat them. I had the Okuma Pro GLT rods before and was completely against buying expensive rods. They're just too many ways to break them on a boat but after using the Teloras I was hooked. Teloras are much more responsive and have a better backbone when you need to dig in for a big fish. Definitely worth the money. I still have the Okumas but use them for walleye now.

I use the 9' Telora roller rods for dipsey I think they have the lightest action out of all the Telora roller rods.

For copper I use the Okuma GLT Copper 8'6" rods. I couldn't be happier with them. I bought a Telora copper rod to try out this year but I don't think it will make much of a difference

The Daiwa Accudepth rods I've seen and used had terrible finishes, workmanship, and didn't last. The Daiwa Heartlands were bulletproof, and so are their new DXT rods. They actually expanded the DXT line-up over the Heartland and give a few extra actions and also make a Copper/Leadcore rod. I think the ML action downrigger rod on the FLs would be a nice one! I played with the 10' M diver rod they make now, and that looked like a nice stick for Trout.

• 2 weeks later...