Pole for copper line

An Okuma Classic Pro GLT copper/leadcore trolling rod (model# CP-CL-862M) was designed with copper in mind.  Medium/ fast action rod with large stainless eyes and a triangular foregrip.

This summer make sure to look out for the new Okuma White Diamond copper/leadcore trolling rods. (yes,  i said White Diamond)

An Okuma Classic Pro GLT copper/leadcore trolling rod (model# CP-CL-862M) was designed with copper in mind.  Medium/ fast action rod with large stainless eyes and a triangular foregrip.

This summer make sure to look out for the new Okuma White Diamond copper/leadcore trolling rods. (yes,  i said White Diamond)

Yes this is true. The Cali boys are excited about that finish. They said there was demand from the Great Lakes areas where low light trolling was growing in popularity.

I agree with Legacy I use the Okuma Classic Pro GLT Copper rod. It's a great rod for copper and you can get them pretty cheap. I have 8 of them. I just bought a shimano Talora copper rod to try out this year but it's going to be hard to beat the okuma

Daiwa is making a Copper/Leadcore rod now in its DXT line up. Very similar rod to the Heartland series with some tweaks to make it similar to the old Great Lakes System rods that everyone loved. We've been running 9'6" Heartland Diver rods for many years without any issues. They are great for up to 500' of Copper.

I have a couple Shimano Talora Copper rods and a couple Okuma GLT Copper rods and they both work well with the large eyes making it easy for the for the knot to go though with out hanging up. I don't see much difference between the 2 other than the price of course with the Okuma being cheaper but just as good in my opinion.

Edited by Gotta Bite