Anybody fishing smallmouths near Sodus or Pultney?

Hav'nt been able to unlock the secret to the smallmouths.Moved back to the area acouple of years ago and seems like the smallies are gone!!I know this can't be...any suggestions or spots I should be looking..I'm pretty fluent at drop shots tubes blade baits etc but can't seem to locate fish or forage!!!

Unfortunately you moved back at the time of the decline, the gobies have taken over the habitat and the smallies are inconsistent from Hedges to Pultney in the typical 15-30' depths... have heard of better reports around Sodus, but not like it was thru the 90's until a few years ago... trolling is a better answer for them, but not something I wish to do. I am sure you wll get some more posts on this topic as well, esp/ with the season coming close. Have even been hearing of smallies being caught in 100' of water trolling for salmon as well, so things are changing, but nature has a way of stabilizing, just be patient like we were with zebra mussels...

I fished them Friday afternoon of Hedges and I saw some monsters! One was over 5lbs. At one point I saw 20 of them in a little pocket. WE only managed 3 in about 30 minutes (she got hungry so we went back in to get some grub). All were keepers though.