1987 crestliner saber restoration.

So here is what is going on, I'm in the process of completely restoring this boat, it's make is a 24.5 foot saber edition with a outboard motor. To this point l have completely rebuilt the transom, tore all the floor boards out, and removed all of the water logged float ion foam. After the foam was removed found some minor pitting in the hull, not to bad no holes thru the hull. I then sand blasted the whole bottom of the inside of the hull, then sprayed inter protect 2000e inside the whole hull. What I would like to now is if the flotation foam needs to be replaced in the hull. I contacted this company out of San Diego called aero marine, she informed me that they sell a 100% closed cell foam product at 2% density, I bought a 2.5 gallon kit for 245.00$, has anybody gone thru this process.

I have poured foam into several boats I have restored. Your decision was correct to use 2lb closed cell foam. It won't absorb water the way open cell or 1lb foam will. Its a messy job but straight forward. US Composites in Florida also sells 2lb foam kits and they are usually quite competitive in price. Their website can be very informative.

Another quick suggestion lay painters plastic down where you want to poor. It will act as the dam you need and keep the foam where you want it. If I were to do it again I would poor with the floors out. I poored with my floors installed last time by using a hole saw to open areas. You couldn't get the floors back up if you had to after that the foam adhered to the wood.

One more question, I'll be redoing the floor in this boat, when I pulled the old flooring out it was marine grade pressure treated plywood, so I went and bought about 700$ in flooring. Just wondering it the wood will react with the aluminum hull, and should I seal the bottom of the plywood in the west system if it will, Thanks