Diawa accudepth 27's or Okuma magna pro 20 dxt ?

i have 6 accudepths that i use for browns.they are twice as good as the magda's .if you're going to use them a lot for walleye and browns you might want to consider spending a little more and get the sealine

As long as they are the Accudepth Plus they are a solid reel for the price. I know a charter captain who ran them on his wires for a few seasons without a hiccup up here on Ontario. I also ran 6 of them on my Brown Trout board rods for many years without incident. 

Edited by Yankee Troller

I use a combination of Magda Pro 30's, Cabelas Daiwa made 20's and Catalina 25's  The Pro's on wire, the Catalina's on riggers, and the Cabela 20's made by Daiwa on the boards.  Never had a complaint for any of them.  Catalina's are so far superior to any of my other reels you just can't compare them, then I think the Magda's for what they are and what you pay are very very decent, and then the Cabelas.  Never had any of them malfunction in any way in 4 years of fishing Lake O.  thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had one Catalina with a matching rod given to me when I started fishing the Big O.  The other matching reel it took me 3 years of searching Ebay before finally finding it.  Both are 25's, level wind reels which they don't make anymore.  I just purchased 2 Convector 30's high speed reels from Als tackle off ebay that I am going to use for wire and probably will convert all my main use reels to the high speed convectors over the summer.  Still will use the Catalina's on the rigger though. Shopping for a kicker now too with full controls.  

I use Convector 20s and love them. A great alternative to the Catalinas. I had about 6 Accudepths and changed everything over to the Convectors in size 20 and 30. Couldn't be happier for the price point. A much smoother, more robust reel. I like the larger handles and they don't feel as loose as the Accudepths. Bought them all at Northwoods Outlet in Linwood, MI.