spoon tying help for pike

I'm going to Canada this summer and need help for catching pike.  I'm bringing spoons and need help with:

Size of spoons? (3" 4"...I got some from Cabelas that look HUGE...1 1/4 oz about 5" long..are they jigging spoons or casting)

Should I tie directly on to spoon or barrel snap?

Some I've ordered have no "O" ring...add one?

I will definitely bring red and whites....other colors...yellow/ 5 diamonds?

How about Mepps #5 dressed?

Thanks guys

Where in Canada are you going?  I've fished northern Manitoba in June and had great success with spoons - however the a few baits I brought with me to try were absolutely torn up after my trip.  I'd use a snap to connect to the spoons and ones that didn't have O rings didn't seem to make a difference.

The 2 baits that really were on fire for me were plastic swimbaits with a jighead (Big Hammer Swimbaits) and the other key bait was the Rapala X-Rap Sub Walk.  The swimbait was great but would get torn up after 10 or so fish but it was amazing to have one hit and if you didn't hook it, before you'd get it to the boat you could count on having another smack it before it got there.  I was running the 5 and 7 inch models.

The sub-walk bait is the walk the dog type bait that you'd normally see on topwater baits, but it does the walk the dog zig-zag about a foot under the water.  The blue/silver one I brought up with me had so many teeth marks in it I'm surprised it still had any paint left of it after the trip.

Check this new way instead on steel leader -

AMERICAN FISHING WIRE - MICRO SUPREME 7X7 MULTI SURFLON LEADER STAINLESS- COATED, I never tried but I'm going to pick a roll up and use for tigers and pike instead of steel that kinks.