Help on Transducer Selection for Furuno 585

In the process of having the transom replaced on my boat so now is the time to go thru- the hull with a transducer . Currently running Furuno 585 with a TM 260 on the transom. Although I get a good screen I can't always see my down rigger balls. At 100 ' depth using 50z transducer cone is 34 ft wide and using 200z only 11' cone. I bought my unit thru Gil from The Hull Truth who recommended this unit. I've read in the past that the B60 is all you need. Looking at the specs for the B60 the cone width at 100' is 83' using 50z. Although not as sensitive and powerful as the TM 260 you would think you would see more fish. You can get the SS246 where you can run dual transducers but you don't have to. With just the 50z transducer at 100' cone width is 45'. Anyone have any experience and thoughts on this which would be appreciated

I am currently looking at the same problem for my boat. The B60 is only a 600 watt unit while your 585 is capable of working with 1KW. I would definitely contact Gill. Its not just the strength difference but there is also the deadrise  issue.The b60 comes in 12 degree and 20 degree angle. So you will want to find out if you need a faring block or not.

Gill's number is 1-800-925-0341