Underwater light question ?

Considering installing underwater lights on my boat for early morning and late evening trolling however im concerned that I may spook fish with them specially in shallower water. Curious to see what those of you guys think and experienced while using them. Just don't want to do more harm then good. Thanks.

If this guy has under water lights he'd do better in tourneys. Seriously!

At the very least it would increase his cool factor

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I myself was looking at them as well for an upgrade with some of them being on sale, but heard the same from a few pro staffers. Doesn't help at all when trolling at night. If you're anchored somewhere and jigging , the green light will bring in fish more so than the other colors. I decided to forego the "wow" factor and just put some inside that back of my boat under the gunwales. They were only $12.95 hard to pass that up.

I know their cool 8)  and I know they are not necessarily going attract fish to my boat while trolling, but my BIG question is do you think they will spook fish in shallower water.  One Pro I can foresee with having them though is being able to see exactly where the fish is as it nears the boat (making landing easier).

I'm already cooler than the other side of the pillow

WOW.  You're getting some work done when you can slide in a Stuart Scott Sportcenter reference!

but heard the same from a few pro staffers

Not sure who "pro staffs" for an underwater light company, but if we're talking about the same person their word and experience is about as bad as it gets.

I know their cool 8)  and I know they are not necessarily going attract fish to my boat while trolling, but my BIG question is do you think they will spook fish in shallower water.  One Pro I can foresee with having them though is being able to see exactly where the fish is as it nears the boat (making landing easier).

We used my buddies green under water lights while night trolling. We left them on, and we got bit the whole time we were out there. Alewife would swim though the light from time to time. It was cool. I can tell you it made netting easier. I haven't used them in shallow to answer your question.

Ok so if you go with 12 volt Mr 16 light bulbs, you can run haligon in warm white Brite white red blue and green just by changing the bulb out,, pros a more true color in lite, cons they get warm,, so don't run them out of water for bulb life,,,I would recommend 50 watt for britNess keep in mind water clarity will eat up alot of your light waves,,so always go with brite,,,, ok in the same Mr 16 12 volt lite u go with you can also put in a Mr 16 l.e.d bulb, keep this in mind pros they run cooler, they make bulbs now u can get from any custom lighting store or online that you can change the l.e.d bulb with remote for color changing also more $$$-, keep in mind color changing bulbs might not be as brite ..l.e.d is more money, myth they last longer , can they last longer then haligons, yes but I've seen them also blow a day or 2 after installing..most higher end bulb companies have warranty on the l.e.d bulbs , hope that helps, I do custom lighting on homes , so I know alot about lighting, price points for the bulbs are like 8 dollars for a haligon , witch i do have in my boat 50 watt blue,, might change it or play with it as time go's on,,l.e.d can be 30-100 bucks a bulb