There have been boats getting out for the last week or so on the north end.  The channel was open this morning when I went by.  The only thing that could jack it up is if the south wind blew ice into it today??  I can't imagine it would last long even if it did with the temps this week. I have no idea what the south end of the lake looks like.

Wide open this am. Emerson Launch a little low keep eye on end of ramps with biggrr trailers. Water 35 degrees on top. South winds this am 10 mph. A little bumpy in a 14 ft . Perch fishing not too bad . Sun up bite was good off martins bucks and pumphouse with ds rigs. Good luck out there. Fish 2016 boat season is here.

Ended up at Cayuga, slow day overall, two Lakers, one bow a few little salmon and a Brown. Guys out at Milliken and Taughannock out in the 38 degree water with waders, those boys are more diehard than me! Lake ended up being flat calm. Tried shallow and deep, water was crystal clear up around Sheldrake bit more stained toward the south. 38.7 surface temp.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app