Coyote Call

So im looking to start trying my hand at coyote hunting... I have a large plot of land that has coyotes and fields and a little bit of everything basically, im looking for a call for under $100 ideally below $60 that will get the job done... Any suggestions would be great...

I have both hand calls and e callers and for coyote i use hand calls exclusively....fox on the other hand id get an e caller. Watch some videos and duplicate...warning though women hate listening to predator calling videos!....you have plenty of time to get ready for next season. Hunt new moons and super cold mornings when its crisp and calm especially after a storm or high winds...best advice is keep it to simple distress calls dont call much and be patient...also if there is a way for them to wind you they will try....if there's no way to wind you they usually dont come in....hunt the cross wind. You can get a hand call for less than 20 buck.

Edited by justtracytrolling

I use a caller FoxPro, Justin is 100% correct about the wind, you always want to be up wind, I also use a mouth call along with the caller, once I see it or think I see it I shut the caller off and go strictly mouth call. I use 100% skunk urine for a cover scent a Qtip and a close pin pinned to a branch over my head, works for me. My favorite time it hunt them is an hour before the sun rise just so you can make things out and a hour before dark and then from 9pm till we've had enough. I don't hunt them with more than a 10mph wind. No sense educating them any more than they are already. They make squeakers that are thumb operated to start with easy to use, I like the reed type that is fully in the mouth like a turkey mouth call, simply because I like to have both hand available. Good luck

if you really want a electronic caller johnny stewart makes a pretty good one for around $50 and it is wireless.  I have one that i use to use for calling coons in the daytime and i have called in coyotes and fox at night with it.  It comes with 10 prerecorded sounds but you can download more off the internet if needed