Lake Erie Perch 2016

fitz67

• 4 weeks later...

I've never fished for perch in a boat. Usually just ice fish or shore fish the long/ cranberry pond run. Was thinking of trying tomorrow. Any advice on where to start?

King- did it for my first time ever yesterday with a guy who does it often - get Emeralds and some rigs and go to the boats. It's pretty simple, had a blast.

I was at the Sheridan launch today & it was loaded with emeralds.  Same/same with ft of Ontario.  Make sure you get emeralds.  All the others are a poor (very poor) substitute for emeralds.  Go off Sturgeon & straight off the Catt.  Finding a place to park might be hard, though 

We fished yesterday out of SP and just picked at them....... One spot we fished, we landed 10 bass in 60 FOW......... Seemed weird to me that bass would be that deep.... is that common?

It's not uncommon at all to find bass that deep or deeper. Bass are irritating when you are perch fishing....IMO.

They have been spawning, , but you will be able to catch them through May and many times up to mid June. A few guys have mentioned it and I agree, don't restrict yourself to the pack. Move around and find your own fish. You will do better.