Northern king Spoons

post-159240-14574849315431_thumb.jpg

I work with the son/grandson of the distaffen family who made northern King lures and got these spoons from them. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these finishes and also what hooks are best to use with the ones on the bottom.

New to lake o and looking for input.

Thanks!

NK spoons suck and do not catch fish, that's why they are no longer in business. PM me with your address and i will be right over to collect and dispose of those spoons in the proper manor.... free of charge.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::P:lol: :lol:

You've got some nice patterns there..... I've been running NK's since i started trolling in 1989

Edited by J.D.

That green gator is a great spoon for us. Our biggest salmon

last year was on the the yellow gator. NK is the wife's spoon of choice, she took all the ones I had, and is on the hunt for more. They produce well for us over the years but I think I might try some warrior spoons ? I hope some one buys up the tooling and starts making them again. The powder painted ones are my fav. Why am I saying this for ,I have to stop drinking, those spoons do suck. Dispose of them properly by sending them to me. I will make shure no one gets hooked on them.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1457484924.308103.jpg

I work with the son/grandson of the distaffen family who made northern King lures and got these spoons from them. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these finishes and also what hooks are best to use with the ones on the bottom.

New to lake o and looking for input.

Thanks!

I know a few guys who would love to buy the business if John is interested. Please relay the message.

Those emeralds have been the 'go to' spoon on my boat for many moons....28's and mags....wanna get rid of them?? :lol:

Jake...

Edited by nautime

My go to spoons for kings and lakers are Finger Lakes Tackle spoons. Not a better painted spoon on  the market in my opinion. Got lots of NK's but run FLTS AS THEY WORK AND ARE BULLET PROOF. Nks are a good spoon but hard to get now. Love my Fullers.

Kings have loved those black and purple NK28's since the 80's and still do today.

X2 on that in mag for me. The bigger browns will go for em too.

Where have you guys had the best luck running them in your spread?

I remember running them with my dad in the 80's but haven't run them in along time.

We run he small NK spoons on Seneca and Cayuga for Trout and LL Salmon. I really like the silver and blue and or green in clear water. Let me tell you about something crazy that happened by accident the first time. We always take treble hooks of and put on red single 1/0 or 2/0 hooks. One of my old friends who's gone now accidentally put the hook on the wrong end of the spoon. We pounded the Lakers on Seneca that day. We changed the hooks around on several other NK 28s and caught fish on most of them. It slows and widens the swimming action of the spoon. Try it.

I remember running them with my dad in the 80's but haven't run them in along time.

I run it on my high rigger, with a flasher fly on the deeper probe rigger. Frequently have a black and raspberry NK (also white back, old school) as a free slider above.

I usually run them on the deeper rigger, close to bottom sometimes.