Planer mast/boards

Hello everyone I am wondering if you can run the big church tx-44 off my planer mast that I just installed I only run two lines on each side and I run two riggers.I didnt want to spend alot of money on big boards yet I will if its the best way to go but boards are pricey on most sites any suggestions would be great.

If you have the mast already you can make your own set of wood boards fairly easily and cheap.  Plenty of plans on the internet, just gotta do a quick search.  I believe cedar is what we used building ours around 10 years ago and they still work fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Having some trouble with the tow line slacking in the water and flipping my releases around on the tow line.any advice how to fix this.I have my otter boards at the specs that are described in the big jon book.

Turning with the big boards out has to be a slow, wide turn, or you end up with the problems you describe.  I've used the old "Jolly Releases" for years with no problems, but they seem to have gone out of business. I changed over to the Scotty mini releases and they seem to be no problem if they end up in the water for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...