Venice Louisana Info?

I'm in the preliminary stages of gathering information on fishing Venice Louisana....  Im all about going out to the rigs for Tuna, Mahi, and Wahoo, but the guys I'm going with are Bass guys...in turn they want to go after red fish... personally I could care less about catching a Red, but out of compromise I said I would do one day of inshore.... Im sure once they get a Smoker Wahoo, or a yellow fin  on, the redfish will take a sudden back seat.

Anybody have any information on good times of the year, Captains to look up ect? 

We went down for redfish in December and fished the Marshes; the guide service was great, but he's not an offshore guy. He fishes the Venice side when the river's not running crazy. I guess they wallop some hogs over there. But I'm with you on the reds. We flyfished for them in murky water and it was a Southern version of duck and chuck. The fall season is when the bull reds show up hard.

Lmao... Bengsch your Shot!

Gator.....  I just don't really see the fun in it.... Now battling a tuna out by one of the rigs would be the bomb!  I looked up some charters ... Can you believe some charge a rate such as 1400..... PLUS FUEL!!!  Omg ... people would $hit a brick if we did that on Lake O. Granted we are not running 40plus miles one way, but in the Mid summer I might run 20....  Kills me.... I guess Im in the wrong part of the country for running trips...LOL

Read a book called Helldivers Rodeo about the guys that dive of the rigs of of of Loiusiana to spearfish.  Pretty crazy stories in that book with a  lot of guys underestimating what the fish can do to you down there.  But they mention a lot of big fish and a heck of variety to hook into.  Sounds like a fun trip.

Edited by pvelyk

Matt, its even more money going out of Jersey or Maryland, depending where exactly your going the canyons are 70 miles out. Its over a two hour boat ride..

Got to go last year , we caught a couple small yellowfin. Few years back out of Maryland we put 14 yellowfins in the box, biggest was about 90lbs

I dont have money, im just fortunate to have friends in the right places to do that kinda trip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Last years trip was on a friends boat its three years old , he has twin 300's (yamaha) . We went out at black thirty in the morning, went canyons , trolled most of the day , back at 7:30 , and we used a little over 100 gallons of fuel.

I think bait was $100 not sure.

Matt, its even more money going out of Jersey or Maryland, depending where exactly your going the canyons are 70 miles out. Its over a two hour boat ride..

Got to go last year , we caught a couple small yellowfin. Few years back out of Maryland we put 14 yellowfins in the box, biggest was about 90lbs

I dont have money, im just fortunate to have friends in the right places to do that kinda trip

Your right on there! I used to like to get a couple guys and go do an overnight tuna trip out of NJ. Called to set one up this last season and they were all in the 4k to 5k range. That ended that plan LOL