Anyone fishing from shore (With luck?)

They're all over the place, from in close to out deep.  On Tuesday morning I caught one casting from shore that hit in waist-deep water.  Matter of right place, right time.  Just be there early, they'll slide out as the sun gets higher.

Mon morning we saw a guy catch a 25" plus salmon on a fly rod off the shore at taughannock.We were coming in to go up north to deans. Lent him a net, his buddy was trying to tail it.

I saw couple jumping, chasing bait and flies for about 10mins. Then nothing. Maybe the trolling boat approaching stopped the action but it was neat to watch them chase bait just under the surface, even jump a couple times. Water had to be only waist deep and clear

Between 10 and 12:30. Fish started jumping around 12, right after everyone else left lol. I was casting spoons and drop shot with worms. I forgot my back pack with lures in it so I was stuck with what I had with me.

I bet something imitating stone flies probably would do well. Tons of them down there

In my experience that's how it usually is there especially with salmon.  Long periods of nothing happening punctuated by streaks of hot fishing.  

The minnows might have been fine but you were maybe there an hour early or late.  Early morning seems to be better, though plenty can happen all day.  Might catch nothing for four hours then several within a few minutes.  I've even seen people catch down a line, starting at one side of the park then progressing to the other as a school moves through.   Man I love Taughannock for so many reasons!

Caught one today about 8am. Also caught a stupid seagull chasing my lure as it dropped in the water. Line landed on his wing... Best mannered bird I've ran into. Didn't peck at me and he was easily released. Salmon was 17.5 so he went back.

Edited by FishingTheFL