Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
final flight

Plans got changed but......

Took wed. Off to fish, couldn't get a def. answer if the launch would be open at Hugh's marina. (Ontario) So we went to Cayuga, kicked some mud up getting out and back in ( treeman) lake is still down 2 ft. We went 5 for 7 , 3browns and 2 northerns, great day with warm temps, light chop and good friends , found 44* surface temps on the south end . Story of the day was the HUGE northern that wouldn't fit in the net, bought a rubber basket net and this was the first time using it , Charlie ( fish buzzard) had him to the boat after a long battle, I dipped the net and 3/4 of this fish was still out of the net, it took a 20-30 ft. Screaming run behind the boat, Buzzard fought him back to the boat, 2nd. Attempt to net him was also a failure, he spit the hook and laid on the surface for a short time. I swear I saw him stick his tongue out before he slowly swam away .the worst part is my salmon net was right beside the NEW net that I just had to use, lesson learned!!! (Maybe)

Nice report, too bad about the gator!

Did you run a deep program at all, or just stick to the skinny water?

We stayed in the skinny until it was time to pick up Did drop a rigger down to 95ft. While picking up and popped a dink laker , forgot about that one...

I learned the net thing first time on otisco....little fish fit fine in huge net...the other way around not so much...good report Rollie! Glad you got out...