2016 Healing Waters Salmon Slam

Excellent.  We have 20 boats already and are well on our way to our 5th consecutive year over year improvement in how many Veterans we can support.  For all of those folks out there that haven't done this event before and are interested in more information, please drop me a message or an email ([email protected]).

Hey Final Flight, shoot me a PM or an email ([email protected]) with your information and what port you'll be fishing out of for the Salmon Slam.  For BFF, the rules are as follows and I will add them to my first post in this thread as well:

Big Fish Friday Rules:

$50 per boat with 50% going to the winner of largest salmon and 50% to the Salmon Slam for wounded and disabled Veterans and Servicemen. You can begin fishing anytime after 12:01 AM and from any port, but must weigh in at Arneys Marina by 2PM.

You do not need to participate in the Salmon Slam to fish BFF.

Payment must be received by Thursday July 28th. You can send me a check by mail (message me for my address), drop it off at my boat at Arneys Marina, or paypal me at [email protected]. If using paypal, please make sure to include your boat name in the comments and send me a message to let me know you paid.

I am pretty sure you already know we are in..... Becky better not be in the hospital again this year, or I might have to leave her for the day....unless its 7 footers again, in which case!!!!!! :) :smile: :)

Hey it was only 6 footers last year!   ok, I'm lying it was 8, but the bay was nice and flat and a lovely cruise.  I'll add your name to the list!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok teams that have been registered so far have been added to the first post.  If I missed you, I apologize, please just shoot me a private message or email.

I'm working on where the dinner will be still.

Just a reminder that you can fish the Big Fish Friday even if you aren't participating in the Salmon Slam.  You can fish BFF from any port as well as long as you weigh in at Arneys.

Final Flight by car left turn out of Huges marina onto lake road go about 7 miles to stop sign turn right onto rt 14 go about 1 mile Arneys is on the left 10 to 15 min

I've added the rules to the first post.  They are the same as last year with the following exceptions;  teams that wish to fish from Hughes Marina/Port can now do so as long as they notify me in advance.  I have also removed the 30" limit on Lake Trout... as long as they are legal, feel free to keep them.  There are always Veterans wanting any extra fish, so they will not go to waste.  The same goes for Big Fish Friday, if you catch any fish you would like to donate to the Veterans, feel free to leave them with me.

Ok we will be having a dinner on Friday night July 29th at 6pm. It will be at Dockers restaurant (Oak Park Marina) on the East side of the bay. Tickets are $30 per person. You have the choice of Tavern steak, chicken parmesan, or fried/broiled haddock. Each meal comes with a salad, bread, soda/coffee/tea, and desert. Ticket includes tax and tip.

Tavern Steak

b16d8caad394825518da07f4a479db17.jpg

Chicken Parmesan

f8509ecd1704923c6d4c5096da7c1c2d.jpg

Haddock

9f1fad49d909d959f4305fa146b5e691.jpg

Everyone is welcome, whether you are fishing the Salmon Slam or not. It was a great time last year with nearly 80 people all telling fishing stories and joking with our Veterans.

Please RSVP via PM, text, email, etc by Monday July 18th with how many are in your party and what dinner choice each person would like. We look forward to seeing everyone!

The 2016 Salmon Slam is July 30th! Ask me how to join!

I'm a little confused , is there a lake trout div.?

There is no separate Lake Trout division, however teams are allowed to catch and keep legal size lakers if they want. They do not count toward raffle tickets / prizes.

The 2016 Salmon Slam is July 30th! Ask me how to join!