Owasco 03/11

Launched at the south end, very shallow and no docks in yet. The owner showed up and said he should have them in next week. South end was muddy out to 45' we tried the mud line for a bit but temps were a high of 38 there. The temp on the surface for most of the lake was 35 degrees. Figured the fish would be in the deepest part of the lake with bait. Sure enough we hit 170' and there were Lakers scattered on the bottom and up to 120'. Sent down ff on rigger and a mag dipsy back 330', both took multiple fish in the 100-120' range. Ended up limiting on Lakers with one that topped ten lbs. I screwed up and tried to lift him in the boat with the 30lb cheater, lost a purple FLT alpha alewife and the fish !! He was the only fish we caught up high 50' and it was a tank! Also lost a really nice fish in shallow 40' on a seven color, so I'd say that area would be worth exploring too.

Had picked up some fat heads and tried for walleye but they were no where to be found.

Fun day on my favorite lake!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Almost forgot we saved a sea gull from a plastic bag wrapped around its foot, wild! Was trying to take off and the bag was full of water all the other gulls were swirling around it.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app