Kring Point

mhtrapper

I was there yesterday and agree that you will be able to get a small boat in. Actually I think you could now with a little hauling. They were ice fishing at the ramp so it may take a while before you can launch there. Still a fair amount of ice in the gap but it is going fast.

Was wondering if anybody has been to Krings yet, didn't get a chance to make it up there this weekend was wondering if it was fishable yet. Heard French creek is getting close also still has a skim of ice on it maybe a day or two depending on wind weather.

Fished french creek last night. Very very little action. Fish seem to have turned off. Fished chaumont bay right by the bridge and took some perch. The action was not hot but it was slow and steady. A little warm weather would be helpful I believe.

Checked out Krings and Goose Bay yesterday. About 8 guys fishing off shore at Krings saw them catch a few dinks. One boat was fishing and I didn't see him catch any. Goose Bay is open and launch at both Krings and Goose Bay are open. I may give it a try this weekend.

Went to Goose Bay and it was iced in but I launched and found I had a dead battery. Try jumping off deep cycle battery and it wouldn't crank. Was able to star kicker but it wasn't running great so after breaking ice and wasting the morning decided to run home and charge them up and perhaps head out latter in the day. Glad I ha den't made run to Mexico Point!

Many boats fishing out by Krings but not sure what their success was.

Took another ride to see what was happening started french creek around 2 pm about a dozen people fishing stayed 1/2 hour or so seen 1 fish caught. Then drove up to krings point 5 or 6 boats and a dozen or so people fishing from shore I also tried from shore, seen 1 person catch 3 and it only looked like  out of the 3 caught 1 keeper, any idea what the water temp is, thanks.

Prof T,

You should be home in time for some perch unless they spawn quickly and leave. Also brown fishing should be good on the lake. We're headed back to NJ next Thursday for the weekend and the will have a house full for a wedding shower for my son and his fiancée April 7-10.

Way to go Kevin, nice day to be on the water took the wife and daughter to Butterfield to test run small boat and motor just so it will be ready when things start to fire up. Hopefully get our big boat out in a couple weeks and enjoy the river.

Nice catch Kevin! It was a beautiful weekend. Sunday was particularly nice. My parents were up for the holiday and we congregated at the river house. The water was so calm and gorgeous. Had me bumming that the 'Gram Marshall' wont be in the water until May 1st..... Crappie and bullhead will have to hold me over for another month, lol. Feels like spring has sprung!! Tight lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping to get up there today and never made it. North wind and trying to get over what is left of this cold. Weather has not been cooperating last couple weekends looks like it will be here this week and better by the weekend good luck if I hear anything or if I make it up there tomorrow I will post.

Took another trip around the block to see if there was any action. Started at French Creek was 4 people fishing never seen a fish caught, then went up to Krings a few people on shore  seen 2 boats and one canoe didn't look like any one there was killing them also wind was cold. hopefully with this weeks weather, if it was they say it is supposed to be, things will pick up by the weekend . Seen a little skim ice In certain areas also.