Otisco 3/12/16

Traveled south to get the boat out. Planned on casting for tigers, but the remaining ice kept us from getting on to the main lake. I still casted all day on the south end, and marked fish, but it was tough. The water visibility is only a few inches in that area. Managed one walleye, 25" 6lbs 8oz.

post-154569-14578381753755_thumb.jpg

post-154569-14578384531036_thumb.jpg

As of noon you can get thru the causeway a little ways but you still cant quite access the main lake. My son said 1 boat broke thru but the breeze blew ice back and debris. He thought perhaps later it will be opened up. With wind on one side and current from the othe it wont be long

Surface temps on Otisco today:

North end 38-39

Turtle bay 41-42

Middle of lake 36

South end main lake 36

Pond south end 39-40

My son never saw a fish of any kind or had any hits....the warm crystal clear shallow areas have nothing....shakedown on his boat went very well at least...i wasnt thrilled with him pushing thru some soft ice and slush to get out on the main lake, but he HAD to go scout and burn gas.

We got out yesterday to get the kinks out. Skim ice throughout the lake on our way to the launch. The area in front of the causeway was locked up when we left. We poked around the south end for a couple hours. Didn't mark much, one bite but didn't hook up. Off the water around noon and the whole lake looked open by then except for the causeway which sounds like its open now. Apparently we should've stuck around a little longer... We might make another run at it tomorrow before the season closes.

Nice "eye".  Esox Only- Although a trolling plate might be a consideration I'd go with the trolling bag idea first because the trolling plate can be a pain depending on which style you get  different potential problems. On the spring loaded version the springs eventually wear through the hinge sections on the side that they hook into, and what the type that you have a lanyard if you forget to pull it when taking off it can really mess up the plate and bend the crap out of it.I've had both types on my last boat and ended up taking them off. The bags are less expensive  and I think you'll be a lot happier with them. :)

Edited by Sk8man