Picture perfect day on Mexico Bay with my oldest son and my Dad. Managed to go 11/11 on Browns. All cookie cutters with 1 larger fish at 9 lbs. 3 hits on a green gator stinger down 7 over 14 fow. Rest of the fish were on flat lines with green jointed sticks. All fish came 12-17 fow and we couldn't move a rod unless we were in 40 degree water. 38-39 degrees produced nothing for us but as soon as we hit 40-40.4 we hooked up.

Sure felt great to be back on the water!post-144609-14578714258608_thumb.jpg

Seems like everyone runs boards out there. Honestly I hate messing with them and I feel like the spreads are way to wide when everyone is trying to work in close. I think if you are persistent you can be just as successful without them. We ran a 4 rod spread all morning behind my 21' Trophy and remained stealthy enough to get the job done.

Thoughts??

Picked up boards last year love them, I only put them out about 30-40' usually not that close to other boats anyway?three we caught Wednesday were all off boards?run six lines that way too betters your chance?just my thoughts?

I love the boards. They enable me to run 3 lines a side and two off riggers with my 18' Lund Alaskan. Most everyone is running them so when I approach another boat I assume they are running them and make sure there is room. I think the in lines are a little easier to run but I have run both big boards and in lines. Like the spread they give me.

It sounds like you are doing just fine without boards.

I started running big boards 4 years ago and I think it makes a difference on those

calm sunny days. I run 4 lines on my 16' boat. I could squeak in 2 more but 4 keeps me busy enough.

I used to just run 2 flat lines and I do miss the quick turns and always getting the inside track.