Niagara river fishing river rd tonowanda

I am new to fishing niagara river,and my girlfriends sister lives on mary Vista in tonowanda.i looked up where boat launches were and found one on river rd but requires a launch permit issued by city of tonowanda.i was curious if fishing the Niagara would be worth it and this location.i have a 14ft deep v duanatic all hooked up w down riggers what not have lead core and planner boards too.juet curious how deep this stretch would be and experience what's in there to catch I manly troll hemlock and canadice thanks guys!!

I would say there are four main species besides sturgeon which are protected. They are musky, walleye, bass and perch. There are also some pike (but very few) and other misc. panish. Musky season is closed now, walleye and pike will be closing tomorrow. That leaves just perch for now. And I think bass is catch and release, artificial only. I only fish for muskies there so I can't tell you much about any other species except as far as I know, bass and walleye are caught drifting and casting jigging or drop shot. I almost screwed up on the word "shot" because the i is next to the o. But I guess you can drop that too!!

For a launch, you can go a little further south to The Isle View launch. That one is free and no permit needed. Or you can go to the Sheridan launch at the end of Sheridan Drive. During the boating season I believe it is $9. I think that is only between Memorial Day and Labor Day.