cape vincent 6/13 to 6/15

Went 9 for 13 trolling for pike while fishing for only 12 hrs in 4 days this was due to my friends health which was very poor. All the pike where taken in 18' to 23' fow trolling with Mag size spoons of various colors a few where NBK and a black and silver with ladder tape on it. All the trolling was done with 3 oz in line trolling sinkers set back 100' to 180'. The size of the pike ranged from 22" to a nice 35" (10lb). I brought home a nice bag of fillets which my 8 year old made me start cooking as soon as he get home from school. I also caught 3 nice perch drifting minnows in 20 fow I must admit I ate those for a snack. All in all not a bad trip I wish I could have have been on the water more but many years of hard living has caught up to a dear friend and he could not keep up so I hung with him instead of fishing alone allot.

Gene

aVuFaPr.jpg

PqdqFzJ.jpg

PqdqKz0.jpg

Nice catch! Nice boat! I saw you drifting out there Friday... I was in the 15' aluminum Lowe, with lesser luck than you had. What a beautiful day! Did the rain clear up Saturday? Which hours proved better for you?

Your the man for staying back with your buddy. Fishings a good time, but you have your priority's straight. Wish him well.

Sin Dale

The best hours trolling where 6 to 8 am and pm but when it was overcast I think you could be on a decent pick all day of Pike. I saw you to I did call out to any LOU members on channel 68 but no responce. I was not sure that was you next time you see me up there if you dont have a radio just ride up and say hello! There was almost no rain at all during the day up there it stayed mostly south of us except for one short strom at night.

Gene

Sindale

I wont be up there again until july 26 to August 1 if you are going to be up there that week at all pm me and we should exchange cell numbers. We could hook up and I can show you a bunch of good N pike spots and maybe find time for a cold one. Buy the way thanks for the compliment on the boat it is a 2004 and it has been a major upgrade from my 1996 spectrum 16' alumnium. The spectrum was a good boat especially after I replaced the 40hp force 2 stroke with a 60hp 06 4 stoke but it just was not cutting it on lake ontario. This walk around 18' is a nice compromise between the easy to trailer 16' and a real big lake boat and the 115hp 4 stroke is real easy on gas and trolls great.

Gene

Thats what I need to get my hands on! I'll be back up there July 18-27. I'll send you a pm so we can exchange numbers, and maybe a time to meet up. I'll be up in Wellesley camping, so maybe I'll trailer down and give Carleton a shot!

kwatchi

I did try a little bass fishing on the east side of carleton with no luck and usually I pick up a few trolling for N pike this time of year but that did not happen. I am sorry to say the bass action seems to be pretty slow in that area. I would try in closer saw 10' and less maybe you will have some luck there. Sorry I was not much help.

Gene

Well we'll see what happens, plan to jig the shoals to start, give it a whirl. winds supposed to be out of the sw so should be prefferable. If no luck we'll switch to eyes and pike. thanks for the reply. Heading out soon as i get out of this ambulance @ 0700

Have a goood weekend guys, see what i can do up there, wive and kids tagging along as well as mom,sister and her BF who's never touched a fishing pole. Me and the old man will get some hours in though. Best of luck to y'all that will be fishing this weekend. Hope the weather holds up up there. thanke Gene

Stuck to the south shore mainland drifting spinners with powerbaits, action was hot, couldn't find much size, headed a lil deeper (17-20ft) a little bigger, nothing great but hit the jack perch unexpectedlty, filled a bucket with 10 plus inchers. Added bonus. Overall, quite a few smallies but the largest 16.5"