Everything is right here.

Xxx

I just want to take a minute to thank all those folks that make and sell there products right here on L.O.U. When I first joined LOU, I bought what I thought would work to catch fish on LakeO, yes Rapala lures will catch fish, along with Michigan Stingers but most will agree their paint is not top shelf to say the least, and there are other spoon company's that are good and the Charter guys have brought some light to those that are successful!! What I'm saying is the guys that went the extra mile to make lures that work on LakeO and will work most anywhere!!! I'm not going to mention names only because I don't want to miss someone and that just wouldn't be right. Over the years my tackle box has gone from big box store lures that I struggled with to lures that are made by Fisherman For Fisherman/ladies that have made a lot of us more productive fisherman. I would like to personally thank those guys for bringing their grandfathers old machines out of the corner and update them to produce products that just plain work, the airbrush guys that are just amazing, because they are fisherman so they know what works. We have folks on here that produce products from rigger weights to the tackle box. Let's not forget our Sponsors with their great line of products. So let's keep these guys busy so wether your a weekend fisherman or a tournament fisherman we all have the best products to work with, and keep the $$$ in the hands of those that care about our sport. Thanks guys for all your long hours and hard work to make this sport even more enjoyable if that's even possible!!! PAP

Thanks for the kind words guys, I just thought that we as a group should give a big THANKS to the guys that went the extra mile to help us fisherman/ladies out. My way of thinking is. being in buisnes for myself for 22 years, we as a auto electric rebuilders try to keep the people from using the big box stores, so I have a pretty good idea what these guys are going through. Some of the guys are in this as a income for their family and some do it as a side job, some do it for fun either way, it's still benefits those that belong to LOU, and those guys deserve credit where credit is due. Just a for instance, got a PM that power dive's web will have his walleye spoons on line come Monday. I met shintimes for the first time today. I met him on his way home with a bag of Chaumont Bay perch fillets. To bad we didn't get to talk much as he needed to get his guys home. It's beer thirty on a Friday. I can't wait to make them. This is why this is the greatest site along with our brother site LEU.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I just thought that we as a group should give a big THANKS to the guys that went the extra mile to help us fisherman/ladies out. My way of thinking is. being in buisnes for myself for 22 years, we as a auto electric rebuilders try to keep the people from using the big box stores, so I have a pretty good idea what these guys are going through. Some of the guys are in this as a income for their family and some do it as a side job, some do it for fun either way, it's still benefits those that belong to LOU, and those guys deserve credit where credit is due. Just a for instance, got a PM that power dive's web will have his walleye spoons on line come Monday. I met shintimes for the first time today. I met him on his way home with a bag of Chaumont Bay perch fillets. To bad we didn't get to talk much as he needed to get his guys home. It's beer thirty on a Friday. I can't wait to make them. This is why this is the greatest site along with our brother site LEU.

:yes:

Thanks guys, I "most"-always try to help others no matter what the situation is, and these guys are doing just that, the airbrush guys are extremely talented, just like last year Les mads me his version of flys to run behind a dodger. Someone (hack,cough,spit) asked Brian what exactly are we getting, from my understanding it was just going to be the lure behind the cow bells. Well "one" guy not me this time asked if he could make the hole shyt mess, so he contacted someone and was able to make the bells so Brian has to match the flys to the colors of the bells to be fished at different depth. All this stuff is going on let's say behind closed doors, basically not noticed to most of the members and nonmember, so those guys that interact with the board knows what's going on and not all but a high percentage of guys have no idea how much time and patience and don't forget the money they lay out before 1 of their products is sold!! So get involved a little more than just lurking around, so we can keep these guys happy with (us) so they feel like they accomplished something to give them the incentive to keep us well stocked with the best of the best. Yes we will have to purchase our terminal tackle outside the box and that's ok! I'm pretty sure Blood Run carries quality swiveles and Duo locks. That's not taking bread or butter off our lure makers tables!! Keep up the great job by all those who partisapate in any form of lure making or anything that has to do with boat fishing or bank fishing.

Edited by pap

• 3 weeks later...

This truly is a special and unusual forum and unlike some others I've seen and people seem to feel a part of things here and generously share information as well as their particular skills and talents....it is rare in today's world. It is especially gratifying to see charter guys mixing up their ideas and experiences with recreational sports fishermen...that too is rare in a forum format. I should add too that Chad Lapa has done a wonderful job designing and maintaining this website which is no small task and the moderators do a good job of keeping things from deteriorating when folks occasionally get wound up over something....they never appear "heavy handed" or "controlling" as on some websites keeping it an enjoyable experience for all concerned. Sometimes we also get wrapped up in our own little "local" worlds and concerns and we forget that there are many folks from distant lands around the world and other states etc.either just  "lurking" or taking an active part in things so it is an important platform for sharing knowledge as well as familiarizing folks with the resources we are so fortunate to have here and that we share with our Canadian partners. We have a lot to be thankful for as Pap has mentioned and hopefully the future will be bright for the folks new to the sport and that they will long benefit from the information being shared by the folks on this forum.

Absolutely Les, the whole site is like a greased wheel, it's at the top as far as a fishing, boating ect. Right down to guys helping guys with boat repairs and major ones at that. I feel as if it give guys the confidence to take on projects that might have gone to the wayside, or cost more than one expected, therefore he/she would of had to sacrifice time on the water or even getting out on the water which, in a sence trickles down through the system. Which Then hurts the ares where the guys fishes out of. Right now there's a fellow rebuilding his boat basically from the bottom up. The guys are giving there knowledge to him on how to, the right way, saving this man major $$$. We have another fellow offering his products spoons, but what I find amazing is he hand paints his own walleye blades, which are the best I ever saw. I saw a lot of great looking blades painted by others and there top notch also, but it's the idea that they even showed us!! Years ago that would have been like a military top secret keep it yourself ordeal. LOL. The other board is doing fantastic for the short time it's been up. All this stuff going on has one bad issue!! "Mother Nature"

does not want to cooperate with us so we can swim all these new gadgets.LOL. Good luck to all and tight lines, sooner or later!!! pap?