Last spring I was in a walleye tournament and on day 4 it was foggy, so I decided to trailer to Oswego to give it a try, I had 12 -7' rods with okuma Cold water 20 line counters reels set up for walleye, 12lb big game and 10lb fluorocarbon leaders, we ran 4 inline boards per side and two riggers with spoons, which I used the walleye rods cause that's all I had. A 15lb King smashed a moonshine green Jean super glow and took off like a rocket. We had trouble controlling him, were very lucky to clear board lines as he was running hard port side. When we finally got him close he did get into inside board line. We managed to land him, and I'll admit it was a blast landing him on 10lb, but I would agree, there is a great chance of loosing tackle. This isn't like stream fishing, they have no boundaries, and I forgot to add, the salmon almost spoiled us twice. I plan on doing some early spring salmon, I will be running my normal rigger rods with 20lb flea flicker and a 20lb flurocarbon leader.

Also if there were other boats anywhere near us the salmon would have been in all their gear too.

Just my opinion, hope it helps