Hey all, Russell to Webster 6/15

Hey all. New to the forum. I just bought a Trophy 1802 to get back in the game. I am in Grand Island but and will split time between Erie and Ontario between the the Niagara mouth down to Sodus depending on what is to be found. For those of you old timers, I grew up on the lake on my old man's boat "Ontario Flasher" (some may even have some of his lures still in the box, god knows I have about 1000 :D )which was out of Braddock. Anyway, I figured Fathers Day was a good day to look to christen my boat on Ontario and take Dad out after almost 8 years away.

Anyway, started at 110 fow in front of Russell, marked a few schools of bait. Ran 2 on on a rigger at 60 and 50, 2 more on another rigger at 30 and 40, and two on top. Bounced speed around from 1.5 to 2.5 and worked out to 170fow working neast. Nothing and stopped marking anything. Dropped one rigger to set lines to 85 + 75. Trolled back south in front of I Bay to 90 fow, then pulled them up and headed into 60 fow. Continued west through Webster running lines at 50/40/30/30 with two on top. Nothing, marked nothing. Gave up and pulled riggers them headed into 25 fow looking for bass. Ran 4 wide on top and trolled back to I-bay mouth roaming between 25 and 16 fow. Marked quite a bit of bait and random little stuff but no hits... Surface temp was consistent range of 61 to 65 everywhere though there was a distinct scum line at 120 fow.

Oh well...June and July always were tough months...especially when you aren't closely following the lake. This week weather looks miserable so I might have to stay down here in river and grab some bass and maybe a pike or two. Glad to be back though, even if I lost my butt at the pump for no action!

YodaMage,

Welcome to the Forum. I think I used to work with your father at the " Big yellow Box" in research. I haven't seen him in about 1 1/2 years. Hope alls well with him. Things have been a little slow for me in the I-Bay area. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out as much as in previous years but with a little luck that will change. If your out in the area give me a shout on the radio and we'll try to get things going.

Rick ( Bad Habit)

YodaMage,

Welcome to the Forum. I think I used to work with your father at the " Big yellow Box" in research. I haven't seen him in about 1 1/2 years. Hope alls well with him. Things have been a little slow for me in the I-Bay area. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out as much as in previous years but with a little luck that will change. If your out in the area give me a shout on the radio and we'll try to get things going.

Rick ( Bad Habit)

I think you have the right guy, dad (Larry) did about 35 years over at the box, 59 I believe. He still talks to Suess about once a week, I'm not sure about the other guys. (Bucky is gone, I believe Roemer is as well). He is well though Mom's health has been up and down last 3 years or so which has kept him off the water. I'll mention the name to him when I talk to him next and look you up the next time I'm out east...we talked about splitting the difference and running out of Bald Eagle or Oak Orchard next time.

I still have a few "Goto" Flashers in my box as well... mainly browns, but a few I like off high slide divers for steelies and coho as well... I still remember the first bonafide 30lber we ever took on my dad's boat won the youth division of the Wayne County in 1985 on a chart/glow Ontario Flasher...

Welcome back... the lake never quits calling you does it?