Niagara County Pro-Am update

Here is the announcement for those not on the Tournaments email list:

The 32nd Lake Ontario Pro-Am Salmon Team Tournament out of Niagara, utilizing the ports of Olcott and Wilson, will be holding its contest this year May 20,21,22 2016. 3 full days of tournament fishing with opportunities for a 5 fish(trophy division) or 12 fish (classic division) competition--or both. For starters, once again there will be more than 100 percent payback for any money that comes in from entry fees and sponsors. More than 100%!!! It ALL goes to the fishermen.

The Niagara Cup for the Trophy and Classic divisions respectively, will be offering up a separate pot of money for the winners. As of right now, the winners will receive an EXTRA $10,000 for the Classic and $5000 for the Trophy. Thats pretty darn good in addition to the entry fee purse. Rumors have been circulating that there isn't any money in this year's tournament. This is not true.

For added excitement, Tournament chairmen(Niagara, Oswego, Sodus) are in the process of aligning together once again to offer an overall Lake Cup representing the longstanding tradition of events that are formatted with mixed species, no cull, observers, and the Classic divisions. Prize money is being put together for this as well. More details to come.

The Niagara Pro-Am is the grand daddy of fishing tournaments on Lake Ontario. Some of the top teams on the lake compete to earn the right to be called the winner.                                                         Posted with permission of the Niagara Pro-Am chairman    

Vince, I am fishing the am division... I now have to fish out of olcott or Wilson correct? My original plan was to dock at the oak for a month and do the niagara and oak orchard open... But I will need to change that possibly very soon if I must fish IN niagara county

Vince, I am fishing the am division... I now have to fish out of olcott or Wilson correct? My original plan was to dock at the oak for a month and do the niagara and oak orchard open... But I will need to change that possibly very soon if I must fish IN niagara county

I checked the torments rules on the Pro Am website and its states that you can only fish out of the 4 Niagara county ports of Wilson, Olcott, the Niagara, and Golden Hill.

King Slammin' is right, transient dockage is available at the Newfane town marina, but there is also the Wilson Boatyard and Bootleggers for marinas in Wilson. Welcome to Niagara county!

I've tried numerous times to call in the last week... No answer and no ability to leave a message?

• 1 month later...

The Niagara Pro Am was one of my favorite tournaments as an Amateur. I stopped fishing it when they went to the open division with the early weigh in time, so I am really happy they finally changed it back to a 2:30 weigh in. :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

There are always things we'd like to see be different, but I really really wanted to see the longer fishing day reinstated. Awesome job committee!   I'm rounding up my son and my buddy and his son and we'll fish all 3 days this year.  

Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks!

That is great to hear Vince, I can't tell you how much I am lookung forward to it. Congratulations on a great KOTL finish to you and your team.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The Niagara Pro Am was one of my favorite tournaments as an Amateur. I stopped fishing it when they went to the open division with the early weigh in time, so I am really happy they finally changed it back to a 2:30 weigh in. :yes::yes::yes:

There are always things we'd like to see be different, but I really really wanted to see the longer fishing day reinstated. Awesome job committee! I'm rounding up my son and my buddy and his son and we'll fish all 3 days this year.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks!

Crap, now I have to lose to you again!!! Lol, look forward to this tourney for sure

Haha, you are a good fisherman Abe. You'll do very well. I am sure there will be stiffer competition than me :) I have two newbs and my son will miss at least Friday so I'll have my hands full !

Can't wait though, should be loads of fun !!  They have it set up so that each day is a new event - so that should get more guys involved.  I admittedly prefer the past Pro Am days of 9 fish limits, but a 3 fish limit means anyone can compete and win so that will make it a challenge!  

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Fishtails