kicker motor best make

cooter dog

hello i have a 16 foot legend deep hall was looking at getting a kicker motor to troll with it  has a 40 horse merc now .I was thinkong a 4 horse 4 stroke would work .i look at 3 makes the yamaha 1640.00,merc 1625.00,and honda 5 horse 1920.00. thanks for you input 

I'm sure they are all good and more just personal preference.  Chevy vs ford type thing. However, I am under the impression that Yamaha and Honda are the best/most reliable.  We have a 20hp Honda kicker on our boat with tons of hours on it and it's still going strong.  Really have never done anything but change oil and impellers in it.

If your merc is a 4 stroke you should go with a 4 stroke kicker,but if it is a 2 stroke  you should think about a 2 stroke kicker. It will allow you to only have one fuel tank on board instead of two

Late eighties 9.9 OMC kickers are hard to beat both in dependability and price.

If your merc is a 4 stroke you should go with a 4 stroke kicker,but if it is a 2 stroke you should think about a 2 stroke kicker. It will allow you to only have one fuel tank on board instead of two

Late eighties 9.9 OMC kickers are hard to beat both in dependability and price.

If your two stroke is oil injected then a four stroke kicker can share the same gas tank. I wish I had the money for a kicker but my 135 optimax and bags are fine for now.